By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - You can't believe trump won?

Trump 2020

Hell yes! 20 25.32%

Lets wait and see! 3 3.80%

Fuck no! 50 63.29%

Indifferent/comments/Hilary's dusty pussy... 6 7.59%

Total:79
epicurean said:
Flilix said:

Where do you live? Because here, 'leftist' would probably the last thing the US would be assiociated with. They're mostly regarded as extremely conservative, religious and obsessed with guns.

I hear that a lot - it seems like an odd association to the world at large. Maybe compared to northern European countries? That said, we have more abortions per capita, I believe, than any other nation. We also had the highest corporate tax rate until the recent bill passed. Both of those would point us to being more liberal. 

Europe and America are fairly similar (compared to other continents and countries), which makes the differences stand out more. Of course, countries like Saudi Arabia are more religious than the US, but these countries are very different from us, which makes it harder to compare ourselves to them.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
John2290 said:

You look like a dumbass country to the rest of the world not because of Trump but because of your schools,n universities their faculty and students as well as these fringe leftist who go beyond the pale of absolute insanity. Countries infact have come up with there own words and terminologies outside of the US to describe these people in various langauges. Half of your media, the political opponents to the current government and even your comedians should be where to look if you want to find the reason as to why the world looks on in embarrassment and cringey shame and some with power hungry eyes and the division all this causes. Your absolute ignorance to support your leader at your own detriment. Trump may be a laugh and a half now and then but so has most of the presidents over the last three decades, we laughed and cringed, and looked on in anger much, much more when Billy Bush was in office, yet you all failed to see it. Trump isn't the problem, the people who make asses out of themselves and common sense are.

Where do you live? Because here, 'leftist' would probably the last thing the US would be assiociated with. They're mostly regarded as extremely conservative, religious and obsessed with guns.

As someone who actually lives here in the US, you would be right. Especially as someone who lives in one of the most conservative and racist states in America...Indiana. 

Ljink96 said:
John2290 said:

I really hope you are under the age of 20 and you simply haven't gotten the breath of the last two decades fully because everything in the above post misses the mark and completely misjudges the problem. You even ignored half my post explaining this to you from an outsider looking in and instead went on to fill back in your own soon fed narrative I very much doubt you have taken the time to deconstruct and think on critically. If I misjudge I apologize, It just seems to be that is the case.

Nope, pretty sure I addressed everything you brought up. If you could please elaborate, how I "missed the mark" or "misjudged the problem" please, I'd enjoy that. Everything I've said can be proven factually, while everything you've said is all subjective. You ignored plenty of facts I provided, just to cover for trump and make it look like he isn't the current laughing stock of the US. I'm not going to support or defend sucha n awful admistration built on deception, lies, and lack of human understanding. I simply won't. Doesn't matter what you say to be honest. I know what basic morals to support and Trump is not someone I will ever support. Do your research on Trump, it's fairly simple, and if you conclude that he's worth of defense, God help you.

eva01beserk said:

Question, But how was education under obama? Dint it see rise the liberal arts and sociology degrees that have left its student in massive debt with no way of paying back since those degrees have no real market in society? Title IX pretty much drove most men out of college under obama and we now have 70% female college students. Like 60% of those titles earned have been those useless gender study degrees and other liberal arts like was said before, have the highest unemployment ratio of any other career. College debt at an all time high.

SO I really don't see how education was good under obama/democrats. If you really want change in the country, you need people to be able to do the change. To get those people you need a good college education, not kids going to waste time and money having fun and protesting. I cant remember correctly but trump I believe adressed this in some manner. 

Did you want Obama to magically wave a wand and make Education in America decent again? lol, especially with a republican house? Again Betsy Devos is garbage for US education for reasons you can hopefully look up, if not I can gladly list them off. But I won't go any futher, you're missing the fact that this is not one person's doing. Student debt isn't Obama's fault, lol. If anything we should be appreciative that education was even a priority of that administration rather than twitter feuds, walls, and lies. It was because of Obama's administration that I could even go to college and graduate this semester, so I'll go based off my own real life experience while others can regurgitate falsehoods. 

Nothing you can say can make me support, endorse, or defend such a shitty ass administration and president. So, yeah. 

I never claimed it was obama's fault. I asked how it was under him and the democratic party and what did he do. As far As Im aware, he directly enforced title IX which is the main driver of why male enrollment in college has been so low.

I cant say that under trumps administration that it will be any better, but they seem to at least addressed what I believe to be the issue. Poor choices and institutions pushing ideals instead of education. They probably don't plan to do anything about it just mention it that one time. But at least its a start that its ahead of the previous administration. 

At bold: No offence but this sounds to me like the opposite of what the left does. Blindly follow some speaker who claims some BS while calling others racist or what ever else. All protest I have seen follow that same protocol. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

John2290 said:
Flilix said:

Ireland and maybe so but the loudest and most obnoxious of them right now are the leftists. I'd consider myself a liberal in the traditional sense of the word but apparently I'm a far right supremacist Nazi loving troglodyte based on what these new Liberals consider the case to be, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Whats wrong with troglodytes? If I could have internet in a cave Ill be there no problem.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
Ljink96 said:

Nope, pretty sure I addressed everything you brought up. If you could please elaborate, how I "missed the mark" or "misjudged the problem" please, I'd enjoy that. Everything I've said can be proven factually, while everything you've said is all subjective. You ignored plenty of facts I provided, just to cover for trump and make it look like he isn't the current laughing stock of the US. I'm not going to support or defend sucha n awful admistration built on deception, lies, and lack of human understanding. I simply won't. Doesn't matter what you say to be honest. I know what basic morals to support and Trump is not someone I will ever support. Do your research on Trump, it's fairly simple, and if you conclude that he's worth of defense, God help you.

Did you want Obama to magically wave a wand and make Education in America decent again? lol, especially with a republican house? Again Betsy Devos is garbage for US education for reasons you can hopefully look up, if not I can gladly list them off. But I won't go any futher, you're missing the fact that this is not one person's doing. Student debt isn't Obama's fault, lol. If anything we should be appreciative that education was even a priority of that administration rather than twitter feuds, walls, and lies. It was because of Obama's administration that I could even go to college and graduate this semester, so I'll go based off my own real life experience while others can regurgitate falsehoods. 

Nothing you can say can make me support, endorse, or defend such a shitty ass administration and president. So, yeah. 

I never claimed it was obama's fault. I asked how it was under him and the democratic party and what did he do. As far As Im aware, he directly enforced title IX which is the main driver of why male enrollment in college has been so low.

I cant say that under trumps administration that it will be any better, but they seem to at least addressed what I believe to be the issue. Poor choices and institutions pushing ideals instead of education. They probably don't plan to do anything about it just mention it that one time. But at least its a start that its ahead of the previous administration. 

At bold: No offence but this sounds to me like the opposite of what the left does. Blindly follow some speaker who claims some BS while calling others racist or what ever else. All protest I have seen follow that same protocol. 

Well, the racist remarks that some left members use are often backed up by past altercations such as Jeff Sessions, Trump's discrimination, calling certain countries shit hole countries, and requesting that an immigrant from Norway would be better than letting in immigrants from Africa or Haiti, which we all know what that means. I guess there could be an argument in terms of education, but America allowing immigrants has never been based on their education level or understanding of western culture. 

Trump and his administration don't care about education, that is rarely something on their radar. Even at the state of the union addresses, he doesn't care. He couldn't care. He was a daddy made millionaire who didn't have to worry about education. If you asked him, he wouldn't know where to start in terms of "fixing" our education system. All I know is I've been able to get an education and have it nearly paid for where as my brother 12 years ago, simply could not. And there were programs set up by 2014 that I could take advantage of for this to happen. The Right doesn't want free college like many others have. Canada, Egypt, etc. are able to make higher level education free because they value education over defense and tax cuts on the rich. The right doesn't care about issues that they find to be "trivial" and the effects of it linger. 

Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton want free college level education, and it's possible, but to do that we'd have to re evaluate our spending and instead of spending a trillions on weapons. And this is a bipartisan issue, overall. I should mention. And believe me, I think defense is import, but I think we have more than enough to wreak havoc if the time comes. Food stamps and disability should be reworked imo, there's a lot that needs to be tweaked. But this administration doesn't seem to genuinely care about the issues that face the majority of people in the US. 

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Oh I believe it. That video you posted is a good example of how white supremacists gain favor from the general public. They're lead to believe that white people are more victimized than minorities. Take this specific portion of the video for example: "Even though there are far more whites who are killed by the police every year."

First of all, what that chart shows is not "far more" whites than the minorities. It's just about even, or slightly less. But even if you want to only compare it to another specific minority like "Black", the video creator deliberately leaves out two very obvious fallacies that he doesn't want you to think about.

1.) There are far more white people in USA than minorities:

and so with an overwhelming majority, there's little surprise that more white people than any other specific group are being killed. However, the main point is:

2.) The police shootings of minorities that have been sensationalized by the media have generally been about cases where the minorities were murdered by the police (like the police officer who was sentenced to 20 years in prison for shooting a black man in the back and then planting a tazer on him https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/us/michael-slager-sentence-walter-scott.html ), or cases where that is the suspicion.
The reason many of the white police killings aren't sensationalized is because they're not nearly as often executed while unarmed, with their hands on their head, etc.

These videos won't talk about these things. All they want is to scare people into buying into things like this other gem from the same video author:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlagnuWSc8

I would like to tell everyone to please don't fall for this nonsense...
Yes, in some cases us white people get the shaft, but we are still far far better off than any minority group. We will be just fine.

But that leads me into my main point here. No, I'm not surprised that Trump won because the average voter isn't very knowledgeable about who or what they vote for, are easily impressionable, especially when the motivation is fear and victimization, and they don't fact check.
Many people who voted for Obama fall into this category as well. They vote for the wrong reasons.
It's easier to win by being dishonest and using fear mongering.

Thats great in all, but you yourself are omitting that that same small black population is responsible for over 50% of homicide cases and is 8.55 times more likely to commit robbery than white people. Granted, thats just from a quick search on wikipedia, but it feels nonintellectual to say the data is not there. As a black person myself, I believe the real offense comes from if you believe that this is due to nature (by race) or due to socioeconomic conditions.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Puppyroach said:
John2290 said:

As an outsider looking in on your American politics, this video, which is masterfully and powerfully put together mirrors my thoughts near 1 to 1. 

You Can't Believe Trump Won? - YouTube

You need to believe and if you don't want him in office in 2020 and beyond, change your attitude.

Trunmp 2020! Trump life! Trump you the man. 

The moment the video called Obamacare "socialized medicine", you could count on it to be a right-wing indoctrinated video that cares little about correct information and more about what is spoonfed to the right from their dear leaders.

All you have to do is look at the related channels to figure out its right wing bullshit propaganda without even watching a second of the video.

Good vid.. I'm quite surprised and impressed you put so much focus on the Rust Belt area of America (which I reside in the vicinity of). Midwestern areas that used to thrive on industry, but whose been largely dismantled and undermined by companies moving overseas and Neoliberal trade policies like NAFTA and the TPP. I think this really gets lost in the shuffle, and it's a major reason why Trump had the edge over Hillary. It's also why I believe Bernie would have either won, or been far closer to winning, because Bernie was opposed to these Neolib policies (while Hillary and Bill were champions of them). The Rust Belt factor is a HIGHLY underrated reason as to Trump's victory.

The other reason, as you illustrated, is the backlash to political correctness, and this increase of "white guilt" reaching an almost cult-like religious status of "atoning" for your sins and your sort of "guilt by association" merely for being born (hmm, sound familiar? *cough* Christianity *cough*. Of course I'm 100% for equal rights and equal opportunity, but there's become a sort of excess of leftism that many seem to want an "equality of outcome," which, as a left-leaning libertarian, I reject these premises completely. It's a complete perversion of what liberalism stands (or USED to) stand for. Trump (and his sudden rise to popularity) is a living, breathing rejection of these Authoritarian leftist properties. Problem is, we've now somewhat replaced this with Authoritarian RIGHT, which I don't support either..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

epicurean said: 

If they think all the right is racist, then yes. They're generalizing against people, which is the very thing they say they are fighting against.

epicurean said: 

I'm guessing you're left though, so you will disagree with everything I say. I doubt we'll come to any agreements about how divisive the left seems to have become.

Pot, meet kettle...

Nationalism and fascism are on the rise worldwide because people don't learn shit from history.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.