By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter: World Ships 7.5 Million those Legiana! (Best selling Capcom game in history)

If OP could change the title of the thread to the more extravagant news here, which is that this is already the "best selling Capcom game in history", it would probably be more eye catching.

Around the Network
Ck1x said:
Why do these threads always turn into one big circle jerk?
Its absolute amazing that Capcom has found great success for Monster Hunter, but the blame for this series not advancing forward all these years falls on Capcom not Nintendo. People keep making comments as if it's Nintendo's fault that this company wanted easy cash grabs to fund their other games. Just weird to keep seeing these threads turn out with many comments like that...

Quote one post in this thread that says anything like that. Because I don't see one.

Kerotan said:
Has the game been discounted yet on psn or live? Just wondering if all these sales are at full price?

If so you're looking at around €450m in revenue so far. It will probably do 600m before it's even discounted and 1BN+ Ltd when you include revenue from in game transactions. This was the best financial decision capcom ever made.

It's still at full price on PSN.
https://store.playstation.com/en/product/EP0102-CUSA07708_00-MHWFULLGAME00000?emcid=pa-st-111505

Insane!!! Capcom will definitely have a stronger focus for this series on home consoles now.

Now take some of that monster/dino design and make me a Dino Crisis!!

I love monster hunter world. It's now one of my favorite games this gen. And the monster hunter fans on playstation and xbox will want the series moving forward not dumb down. With mhw already being the most successful capcom game ever they will move forward with the series that's why I said I don't think there would be another monster hunter game on the switch because the switch is just too weak

Around the Network

Definitely a must buy for this gen, I have enjoyed it so much.

Pinkie_pie said:
Wow looks like we wont be seeing another monster hunter game for nintendo. And capcom must regreted they made all those monster hunter games exclusive to nintendo.

This was literally on the second page.

Ck1x said:
Pinkie_pie said:
Wow looks like we wont be seeing another monster hunter game for nintendo. And capcom must regreted they made all those monster hunter games exclusive to nintendo.

This was literally on the second page.

And in what way does that put blame on Nintendo over Capcom?

Surely you are joking right?

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this because its not worth it, but we can celebrate games being successful without getting petty. 

you now remember a certain group of people who expected (and wanted) this game to fail because it wasn't on a Nintendo platform