By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wario needs to make a comeback

The wario series has unfortunately fallen dormant in recent years. The warioware series hasn't seen a release in almost 10 years with the release of warioware fit (game and wario doesn't count). 

Wario land also hasn't seen a release for 10 years. With the release of wario land shake it in 2008.

Both of these franchises have both mostly been critically and commercially successful. I think both are due a comeback. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on the future of Nintendo's most beloved character wario.

Around the Network

I would like a new Wario platformer. I would rather the team behind WarioWare make a new Rhythm Heaven instead though.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:
I would like a new Wario platformer. I would rather the team behind WarioWare make a new Rhythm Heaven instead though.

And while they're at it, make both Wario AND Waluigi playable in such a game. It's time Waluigi was more than just somebody to pair with Wario.

Wouldn't that still be just to pair with Wario?

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Wouldn't that still be just to pair with Wario?

True, but it'd give more opportunities to enhance the gameplay. Think the buddy system in Donkey Kong Country.

EX: Wario could smash through walls, while Waluigi could get out of reach objects.

Super Wario Bros. It could work

Agreed,it looks like Nintendo is avoiding him since Game & Wario flopped,but he had some amazing games in the past.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

There isn't really need for yet another 2D platformer (we're already getting Kirby, DK and Yoshi), so I doubt we'll be getting a new Warioland anytime soon. Wario Ware on the other hand, would certainly fit for the Switch. There are lots of hardware mechanics the game could make use of.

I'm not a huge fan of the character, but his games are always a lot of fun.

I'm still in disbelief that we didn't see a WarioWare game on the 3DS...
I think a quality WarioWare game for the Switch could be the party game they were hoping 1-2 Switch would be...
If they're going to give us more Wario platformers, I think they need to go back to the drawing board and make sure it's an experience that can stand on it's own next to Mario, Donkey King, Yoshi, and Kirby...
Odyssey was fantastic, the new Kirby looks like it's going to be great, Yarn Yoshi is super cute and apparently here to stay, and while there aren't too many people super excited about paying $60 for a port of a $50 game, Tropical Freeze is still an incredible game...
Wario is a great character with his own charm and he deserves a game whose shine isn't dimmed by a dozen other first party platformers...
How about a game in which Wario haplessly tries to pull off jewel and gallery heists with the help of his bumbling brother???

Have a nice day...

A new Wario 2D platformer in the style of Wario Land: Shake It! for the Wii needs to happen. As well as a new Wario ware. 

Amazing how many IPs Nintendo have for games from the Mario universe alone. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi and Wario all have their own lines of games. (Poor Waluigi)

Last edited by Green098 - on 04 March 2018

WarioWare Smooth Moves 2

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

He's not Shigeru Miyamoto's creation, so he doesn't get much love. I'd love to see him in a main-line Super Mario game as well.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides