By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Any gun nuts in here?

ironmanDX said:

When terrorists attacked a school in Maalot in 1974, Israel did not declare every school a gun-free zone. It passed a law mandating armed security in schools, provided weapons training to teachers and today runs frequent active shooter drills. There have been only two school shootings since then, and both have ended with teachers killing the terrorists.It is an approach that the Americans should take to end the constant slaughter of innocents.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/21714

At work right now but I'll leave this here. Food for thought.

Or just remove guns altogether. 

Around the Network

The problem I see in the 2nd amendment stance is that those who are for having semi-automatic or even fully-automatic weapons claim that it should be the right of the people to rise against a tyrannical government. Problem is though, what if those who rise up are the tyrannical ones! I mentioned in another thread the example from the Civil War in the US.

I don't think anyone would admit to being a "gun nut".

I own a .45 revolver, and don't use it for anything other than target practice (been a hobby since I was younger). Also inherited 3 rifles that I don't think I've even used since I got them.

I think gun control is an important conversation to have, at least to discuss some obvious flaws in the current system. I can't see myself ever arming myself and wanting to rise up against the government, so losing my gun would be as annoying as losing my video game consoles. I'd be annoyed at losing a hobby but would get over it.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

China's Xi is about to set himself up as a dictator:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/03/01/chinas-xi-sets-himself-up-to-govern-for-life-and-5-other-global-stories-you-might-have-missed/

This is China's only defense against government corruption:

They are desperate to take our guns away because once they do that, then America can fall under dictatorship as well.

The reason Australia has protection is because of the USA, and that's due to our second amendment. If there's a new Cold War with China everyone once again is going to beg the USA to protect them.

Puppyroach said:
The problem I see in the 2nd amendment stance is that those who are for having semi-automatic or even fully-automatic weapons claim that it should be the right of the people to rise against a tyrannical government. Problem is though, what if those who rise up are the tyrannical ones! I mentioned in another thread the example from the Civil War in the US.

There was a situation similar to this.

Stalin, ZeDong and Hitler did definitely rise up, and took away guns from citizens as soon as they could.

Around the Network
McDonaldsGuy said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/03/01/chinas-xi-sets-himself-up-to-govern-for-life-and-5-other-global-stories-you-might-have-missed/

This is China's only defense against government corruption:

They are desperate to take our guns away because once they do that, then America can fall under dictatorship as well.

The reason Australia has protection is because of the USA, and that's due to our second amendment. If there's a new Cold War with China everyone once again is going to beg the USA to protect them.

You're right! Just look at every other country with gun control! They're all dictatorships! No, wait...

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:
McDonaldsGuy said:

This is China's only defense against government corruption

You're right! Just look at every other country with gun control! They're all dictatorships! No, wait...

That's because of the USA.

Our victory in the Cold War saved Europe.

The UK is well known for dictatorships for example. In fact, it's the reason Americans thought guns were so important that the second amendment was the right to bear arms.

If it weren't for us and our guns, Europe would be a Soviet Republic by now.

McDonaldsGuy said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

The UK is well known for dictatorships for example. In fact, it's the reason Americans thought guns were so important that the second amendment was the right to bear arms.

I don't know. I haven't yet seen any US civilians rush over here with their guns to save us.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

McDonaldsGuy said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

You have to be trolling. I think you should know that the US isn't the only country in the world that has military. A lot of countries are very interested in keeping the US a democracy, they wouldn't just let someone create a dictatorship. And that the US doesn't really care about other countries being in a dictatorship if it doesn't directly affect them.

"If it weren't for us and our guns, Europe would be a Soviet Republic by now."
Do you know the concept of the Cold War? Cold War is named that because it didn't involve armed war (except for some minor isolated cases). US's money "saved" Europe from becoming a Soviet Republic, not US's guns.

B O I

I wonder. If guns truly are meant to rise against a tyrannical governement, why the fuck did nobody rise against Ajit Pai and his idiocy? His stupidity would cause severe damage to one facet of freedom of all US citizens and might even affect the rest of the world as well. Yet nobody stood up against him. So is it all talk and nothing more?

Please do not interpret this as me saying someone should threaten that guy. That's not what I mean.