By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus: Only PS4 Games Starting Next Year

COKTOE said:
Hiku said:
If that means we'll get more PS4 games instead, and it probably does, then it's an understandable decision.
They want to make PS+ as attractive as possible for the consumer base that uses it the most.

I doubt we'll be getting any more PS4 content than is already being offered. Would be nice to be wrong though.

I think we're not far from the PS3 being discontinued. I reckon we'll likely get more PSVR games added, which would essentially be more PS4 games added.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Makes sense, even if the no Vita support part is sad.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Hiku said:
If that means we'll get more PS4 games instead, and it probably does, then it's an understandable decision.
They want to make PS+ as attractive as possible for the consumer base that uses it the most.

Last edited by Acevil - on 28 February 2018

This is going to be one of those fun meltdowns short sighted gamers get themselves embroiled in. Watch what happens when next year PS+ also offers 2 PSVR games.

The PS5 Exists. 

If this means that the quality of the PS4 Playstation Plus games get better (like this month) then I am completely for this idea!

Around the Network

Honestly, it only makes sense. For people that still don’t own a PS4 on its 6th year on the market, then they really have no room to complain about no longer getting free games.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Hopefully this will mean an increase of quality of the usual stuff we get for PS4, and Sony really should start adding at least 1 PSVR game a month already. I'm also surprised Sony hasn't done this earlier, the amount of people who subscribe for PS3 and Vita games must be very low.

That’s great since I don’t own a Vita and haven’t touched my PS3 since the day I got a PS4, but what a weird thing to announce so far in advance.

LudicrousSpeed said:
That’s great since I don’t own a Vita and haven’t touched my PS3 since the day I got a PS4, but what a weird thing to announce so far in advance.

Imagine if someone bought a ps plus year membership for their ps3. They would feel fucked with if the free game support ended mid-term. So this is just a good warning in advance.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I feel like this is overall a good thing. Sony can focus their effort solely on PS4, giving higher quality ps plus titles.

PS4 owners shouldn't be paying for free PS3 games when they are mostly inaccessible to them.

Imagine if every month has games like this month's. That would be awesome.

Looks like the PS3's end isnt far off. First PS now ended supported, then games like gt6, killzone, wipeout, and other first party games ended online support, and now we have this.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.