By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS Plus: Only PS4 Games Starting Next Year

PS: March PS Plus games for PS4 are Bloodborne and Ratchet and Clank.

"We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019, the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to 8th March 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games line-up beyond 8th March 2019.

Many of our fans are playing on the PS4 platform, with the increasingly vast number of PS4s in homes around the world. We’ll continue to prioritise the benefits you receive through your PS Plus membership, such as online multiplayer, PS4 monthly games, online game save storage and exclusive PS Store discounts across content and network services."

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/28/your-ps-plus-games-for-march-are-bloodborne-and-ratchet-clank/

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

I think that's ok for PS3. But not for Vita. Boo!

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Losing Vita is unique choice but I understand it.

Last edited by Acevil - on 28 February 2018

I'm okay with this, makes room for some more expensive free games for PS4 :D

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

I would be disappointed about losing Vita on PS+ but let's face it, most of the top games for Vita have already been PS+ titles.

Around the Network

Understandable, especially for the PS3, bit of a shame about the vita, although it does cost money to get games for plus and I guess it just wasn't worth it due to the low vita sales.

I was wondering how long it would take for this to happen. Oh well. It was a good run, and there's still another full year of service.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I was wondering when this would happen. Glad they just focus on ps4 from next year.

Is there a free VR title for March as well?

Hiku said:
If that means we'll get more PS4 games instead, and it probably does, then it's an understandable decision.
They want to make PS+ as attractive as possible for the consumer base that uses it the most.

I doubt we'll be getting any more PS4 content than is already being offered. Would be nice to be wrong though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."