By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn sells 7.6 million copies in its first year.

Those are amazing numbers and fantastic pictures.... also digital may have been high so VGC being inaccurate wouldn't be surprising.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Impressive but I wonder if this includes digital sales...
Also they will still sell at least one copy in the not too distant future as I have not yet gotten my copy and plan to do so when the price is right for me.

Great sales, cant wait to play it!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

It does

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

pastro243 said:
Absolutely great sales, even more when you consider this is a new IP and previous games made by the developer didn't sell nearly as well as this one.

What are the biggest new IPs this gen?

Biggest exclusive new IP for each console.

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4) - 7.6m
Tomodachi Life (3DS) - 6.14m
Splatoon (WiiU) - 4.91m
Titanfall (XBO) - 3.1m(Also on 360/PC....)
1-2-Switch (Switch) - 1.88m
Tearaway (Vita) - 0.69m*

Biggest new IP's combined platforms:

Destiny (PS3/360/PS4/XBO) - 16.2m* (includes Taken King)
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3/PS4/360/XBO/PC) - 9.96m* (Also used steamspy for this figure, 4.4m on steam)
Watch Dogs (PS3/360/PS4/XBO/PC) - 9.58m*
Titanfall (XBO/360/PC) - 5.07m*

*VGC Figures, physical only

Overwatch is probably very high if not at the top of the list, but can't get PC figures which no doubt make up the majority of sales for that game, over 6.2m on console.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

It does

Nice, it's unusual though as for some reason publishers don't very often provide public figures on digital sales.

Amazing numbers, really need to give Horizon a try. Also seeing how well this game has done I reckon God of War & The Last of Us 2 will easily sell 10m plus.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
zorg1000 said:

It does

Nice, it's unusual though as for some reason publishers don't very often provide public figures on digital sales.

Publishers always include digital sales with statements like these.

poklane said:
Great numbers, now give me Horizon 2 as PS5 launch title pls

Pretty sure you won't have to wait that long.

Wow that's stupid high. I was gonna guess 6mil. 10mil possible