By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn sells 7.6 million copies in its first year.

Yeah a couple times it came up I looked up the numbers for Horizon and thought they seemed far too low. ~8 million seems more accurate.

Around the Network

weird, didn't think Sony games sold on Sony systems

think-man said:
CGI-Quality said:
You were beaten by a minute: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234980

:P

I thought mine was first 

Lol If only I didn't bother thinking on what to copy on the playstation blog. Mine would have been first but that's fine.

I got excited when I saw it. 7.8 Million is high! It's on par with UC4 now and this will continue to sell with bundling and discounts.
It's just a shame that GG will not do expansion DLC anymore. Hopefully with HZD 2 they will support it with post free DLC expansion and with couple more of paid DLC down the line. 
Also, I hope they put Multiplayer aswell. Where you can hunt with friends. I think that is a missed opportunity for GG. 

celador said:
weird, didn't think Sony games sold on Sony systems

Forgot the /s

Wow, I would have guess it was at around 6.5-6.9m not 7.6m.

Very impressive sales for any game, much less a new IP.

This might be the most successful new IP launch (on a single platform) in recent history.

Shot past my initial 6m lifetime prediction. And way WAY past some that thought 3m was the max it could do.

Around the Network

Great numbers, now give me Horizon 2 as PS5 launch title pls

Time to bring out the horizon sales prediction threads. I can't remember if I predicted or not but I certainly didn't think it was this high.

Absolutely great sales, even more when you consider this is a new IP and previous games made by the developer didn't sell nearly as well as this one.

What are the biggest new IPs this gen?

Mar1217 said:
Errorist76 said:
Holy shit...that’s more than expected. Seems to have sold well during the holidays.

These flash sales at 20$ pricepoint were quite effective to revigor the game's legs

Really now, what insider gave you that information?

Anyway, awesome sales for a game that didn't even exist a year before.  Much deserved.

Last edited by Train wreck - on 28 February 2018

title is wrong. its 7.6 million not 7.8