By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fifa 18 and cod ww2 ps4 hit 10m retail in 2017

Uncharted 4 is at 9.90m in total according to the yearly charts only need 10k left to get 10m which should easily be surpassed next week :)

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
LipeJJ said:
Congrats, gamers. Keep supporting microtransactions.

100% this!

They support amiibo already so why exactly is Cod bad?

PEEPer0nni said:
OTBWY said:

100% this!

They support amiibo already so why exactly is Cod bad?

Because amiibo's are at the very basis tangible collectibles.

Why do people keep buying ea games

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Im loving fortnite, battlefront 2, cod4 remastered and rocket league. MT aren't thst bad. 

It's because of these kind of attitudes that we got SWB2. You should stop being so apologetic about a system that's just there to maximize profits while f*cking their consummer right up their bank account.

Gaming has never been so cheap for me. 

Around the Network

Amazing for both franchises, PS4 is a sales monster!!!

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
pastro243 said:

Yeah, still, at least FIFA, while selling huge amount of copies, hasn't been an "always 10 million seller" franchise until last year(at least on a single platform). I'd say it will manage 10 million yearly on ps4 at least until FIFA 20.

PS4 performing better than PS3 has certainly helped it, being Europe a very Sony and football based territory. 

That's true. I wrote my original comment more so because something like Fifa selling this well is impressive but expected, it's been selling substantially better with every iteration on the PS4, which isn't true for Mario. Not trying to downplay Fifa, just explaining why I wrote my original comment and why I keep talking about "trends" haha. For me, what COD and Fifa did was sort of expected ... although I will admit, I'm a little bit surprised at just how much they have beaten their predecessors. They're doing fantastic! 

Also, I just reread my original comment and realized that it could have easily been interpreted as a troll comment. So THANK YOU everyone in this thread for not immediately assuming that ^^ 

Don't worry man, I agree with you post 

Lawlight said:
flashfire926 said:

Again, so you doing this list, means that even you admit the metric you first used, number of games, was a faulty metric. Since even you dove deep to list what games there actually were.

I rest my case.

Sorry but that makes no sense. Me making this list shows explicitly that number of games makes a difference. Here’s how it went:

Me: Quantity of games makes a difference

You: Quantity isn’t a good metric. Otherwise KZ:SF and I:SS would have sold 10M because of the small library.

Me: Provides list to show that the library wasn’t small.

You: See, I’m right.

Your arguments make no sense. On top of that, you not only fail to say what metric is better but you refused to answer any of my questions in my first reply to you.

So, yeah, I don’t know what case you are resting because you had no case.

that library is small though. There's no doubt about that. That's a very minuscule library, and also filled with last gen ports.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Lawlight said:

Sorry but that makes no sense. Me making this list shows explicitly that number of games makes a difference. Here’s how it went:

Me: Quantity of games makes a difference

You: Quantity isn’t a good metric. Otherwise KZ:SF and I:SS would have sold 10M because of the small library.

Me: Provides list to show that the library wasn’t small.

You: See, I’m right.

Your arguments make no sense. On top of that, you not only fail to say what metric is better but you refused to answer any of my questions in my first reply to you.

So, yeah, I don’t know what case you are resting because you had no case.

that library is small though. There's no doubt about that. That's a very minuscule library, and also filled with last gen ports.

Nopes, the first 4 months was bigger than the Switch’s library since release. I’m talking in terms of big games that sell well. Speaking of last gen ports, seems like you’re forgetting what 2 of the best selling 3 Switch games are.

Edit: And once again your post has no substance. You have no leg to stand on and it seems that you know it.

Mar1217 said:
Kerotan said:

Gaming has never been so cheap for me. 

It's because you're only waiting for sales, though I do understand why you would do that.

Exactly. I got bf2 a month after launch for half price. Havent spent a dime extra and i finish top of about half the heroes vs villians matches i play. Rank 41 after a month of play. Crate system is fun.

People just need to be smarter.