By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Fifa 18 and cod ww2 ps4 hit 10m retail in 2017

flashfire926 said:
Lawlight said:

Quality is subjective. Also, why are we talking about digital PS4 games only (PSN)? Also, why are you acting like only the PS4 has bad games?Also, why does it matter if the PS4 has bad games when there are so many good ones?

Just use some other metric which is not number of games. If that was the case, Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous wouldve both sold 10 million, because of the very small library. But they didnt.

#Rekted

Warning ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 27 February 2018

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
Lawlight said:

Quality is subjective. Also, why are we talking about digital PS4 games only (PSN)? Also, why are you acting like only the PS4 has bad games?Also, why does it matter if the PS4 has bad games when there are so many good ones?

Just use some other metric which is not number of games. If that was the case, Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous wouldve both sold 10 million, because of the very small library. But they didnt.

Except you’re forgeting one thing. Those 2 games released alongside entries in much bigger franchises:

FIFA 14

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

Battlefield 4

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Need for Speed: Rivals

NBA 2K 14

And you get games like Injustice, Madden, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, MGSV: Ground Zeroes.

These are what Killzone: SF and InFamous: SS had to contend against by the time InFamous: SS came out and that’s distributed amongst the 5 or so million PS4 users.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
flashfire926 said:

#Rekted

Another quality post from you. See what happens when you post without thinking?

Lawlight said:

#Rekted

Quality post? What did you expect? When it comes to you or a post about you, I'm just in it for the giggles. The laughs. You're completely irrelevant and have made some of the worst posts I've ever seen on the internet. I don't take anyone seriously who's presence on a website is just to talk negatively about one company. That includes you, but it wouldn't be so bad if when you try to actually write something of 'quality' you completely fall flat on your face. So yeah, sorry that my post wasn't an in-depth analysis of the discussion between you and flashfire. I found the situation hilarious, so I commented. Big whoop, it's just as much a valid contribution as any of your posts on this site. 

Lawlight said:
flashfire926 said:

Except you’re forgeting one thing. Those 2 games released alongside entries in much bigger franchises:

FIFA 14

Battlefield 4

NBA 2K 14

And you get games like Injustice, Madden, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, MGSV: Ground Zeroes.

These are what Killzone: SF and InFamous: SS had to contend against by the time InFamous: SS came out and that’s distributed amongst the 5 or so million PS4 users.

Again, so you doing this list, means that even you admit the metric you first used, number of games, was a faulty metric. Since even you dove deep to list what games there actually were.

I rest my case.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Quality post? What did you expect? When it comes to you or a post about you, I'm just in it for the giggles. The laughs. You're completely irrelevant and have made some of the worst posts I've ever seen on the internet. I don't take anyone seriously who's presence on a website is just to talk negatively about one company. That includes you, but it wouldn't be so bad if when you try to actually write something of 'quality' you completely fall flat on your face. So yeah, sorry that my post wasn't an in-depth analysis of the discussion between you and flashfire. I found the situation hilarious, so I commented. Big whoop, it's just as much a valid contribution as any of your posts on this site. 

Just replying to say I didn’t read your post.

flashfire926 said:
Lawlight said:

FIFA 14

Battlefield 4

NBA 2K 14

Again, so you doing this list, means that even you admit the metric you first used, number of games, was a faulty metric. Since even you dove deep to list what games there actually were.

I rest my case.

Sorry but that makes no sense. Me making this list shows explicitly that number of games makes a difference. Here’s how it went:

Me: Quantity of games makes a difference

You: Quantity isn’t a good metric. Otherwise KZ:SF and I:SS would have sold 10M because of the small library.

Me: Provides list to show that the library wasn’t small.

You: See, I’m right.

Your arguments make no sense. On top of that, you not only fail to say what metric is better but you refused to answer any of my questions in my first reply to you.

So, yeah, I don’t know what case you are resting because you had no case.

zorg1000 said:
At least 3 more titles will be added by the end of 2018. The next COD, FIFA & RDR2.

And Uncharted 4 if we go by VGC.

LipeJJ said:
Congrats, gamers. Keep supporting microtransactions.

100% this!

Lawlight said:
flashfire926 said:

FIFA 14

Battlefield 4

NBA 2K 14

Weren't almost all of those games also released on previous gen some time before, except Killzone Shadow Fall and Infamous which were later launch titles and PS4 only? I think i'm leaning towards ALA's conclusion.