By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 vs Switch: Launch aligned, who hits 100 million first?

which will reach 100m faster?

PS4 94 70.68%

Switch 39 29.32%

Total:133

Switch.

Lol @ 'Switch won't reach 100M'.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network

PS4. Switch won't reach 100m.

EricFabian said:
Rafie said:
PS4 is already 3 quarters there. It's a safe assumption to say that it will be the PS4.

launch  alligned

It wasn't in the title at first.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Too close to call. Switch may be like the Wii and get off to a phenomenal start but then end up crawling slowly to 100m. If it has more longevity than the Wii it can do it but PS consoles always seem to have good longevity. I would expect the Switch to reach 50 and maybe 75m first but to 100m i guess it will factor down to how quickly PS4 can reach it firstly and secondly, whether the Switch has the legs.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

For all the people gushing over the Switch's first year sales:

Wii had the best first year for a long time in console history. It absolutely dominated PS2's first year sales by over ten million units. It still didn't even come close to PS2's lifetime sales. And look at DS's first year: 9m IIRC, a full five million behind Wii. It went on to be the  only thing that ever made Sony fans worried the PS2 might be dethroned (man it was fucking close). First year is important, but it is almost never indicative of just how well it will sell in the long run. Not saying it doesn't stand a good chance. Just saying maybe some of you should be a little less smug about your predictions and stop telling people they're wrong because "first year sales".

Last edited by Azuren - on 20 February 2018

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

If the Switch sells 19+ million this year and Nintendo has to adjust shipment predictions up, then Switch.

If not, then PS4.

kazuyamishima said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Nintendo consoles sell faster then sony's? Never heared that before.

I bet on ps4 btw.

Only the Wii, but it sell like crap after year 4.

what the people really underestimate is that Sony consoles sell for a long period of time, even the disaster of the PS3, whose never achieved the mighty $199, $149 or even the $99 price tag. But the PS4 will.

switch will be similar to the Wii, skyrocket sales for a couple of years and then vanished.

What makes you think that? 

> Nintendo themselves said they want a longer cycle with Switch

> They actually managed to do it with 3DS (look, it actually still matches Xbox One on its 7th year), so you can't simply disregard what they said

> Wii had a huge gimmick, Switch hasn't. Portable factor is not temporary like motion controls

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

jardesonbarbosa said:

How can Nintendo beat PS4 to 100m? PS4 is almost there. Could PS4 beat PS2 in total? That's the real question.

Edit: Just saw it's aligned. But still, I don't even think Switch can reach 100 million.

No it simply can't unless the PS5 has a cell processor and a launchprice of $600.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

LipeJJ said:
kazuyamishima said:

Only the Wii, but it sell like crap after year 4.

what the people really underestimate is that Sony consoles sell for a long period of time, even the disaster of the PS3, whose never achieved the mighty $199, $149 or even the $99 price tag. But the PS4 will.

switch will be similar to the Wii, skyrocket sales for a couple of years and then vanished.

> They actually managed to do it with 3DS (look, it actually still matches Xbox One on its 7th year), so you can't simply disregard what they said

> Wii had a huge gimmick, Switch hasn't. Portable factor is not temporary like motion controls

> They can want a longer cycle, but will they be able to do it?

> It will be the 7th year for the 3DS, but is not even at 80 millions already.

> Wii had a great library also, not only the gimmick, 2 zelda games? 2 super mario galaxy games? New super mario bros Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl and all of the other great games it had?

kazuyamishima said:
LipeJJ said:

> They can want a longer cycle, but will they be able to do it?

> It will be the 7th year for the 3DS, but is not even at 80 millions already.

> Wii had a great library also, not only the gimmick, 2 zelda games? 2 super mario galaxy games? New super mario bros Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl and all of the other great games it had?

Wiiu library was actually better aside from the galaxy games, and games didn't look like total shit, wii sold because of motion controls mainly.