By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 vs Switch: Launch aligned, who hits 100 million first?

which will reach 100m faster?

PS4 94 70.68%

Switch 39 29.32%

Total:133
Nighthawk117 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This is launch aligned. Your post is not launch aligned. 

Nobody gives a fuck about launch aligned. What matters is what system is selling hotter NOW than its competitors.

I mean, not really. That logic doesn't follow through. The PS4 sold worst in the time frame Switch is in currently right now. In order to have a basis for a high amount of sales, it's important to look at the trend the PS4 set. That's why people are comparing launch-aligned sales. 

What sells better right now does matter, but not so much that launch-aligned becomes irrelevant. Especially when one system is constantly cheap as fuck. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Nighthawk117 said:

Nobody gives a fuck about launch aligned. What matters is what system is selling hotter NOW than its competitors.

Dont act like your opinion of something is what everybody believes.

Clearpy people care about launches aligned since the console manufacturers use it all the time, this site has multiple monthly charts about it and dozens of users on this site make threads comparing them.

And those threads mean absolutely nothing to me.  I ignore garbage data.  To each his own.

Nighthawk117 said:
zorg1000 said:

Dont act like your opinion of something is what everybody believes.

Clearpy people care about launches aligned since the console manufacturers use it all the time, this site has multiple monthly charts about it and dozens of users on this site make threads comparing them.

And those threads mean absolutely nothing to me.  I ignore garbage data.  To each his own.

Then don't come into a thread about the "garbage data". It's that simple really. 

Switch.

Nighthawk117 said:

Then don't come into a thread about the "garbage data". It's that simple really. 

Why not? Are you offended?

Around the Network
Nighthawk117 said:

No. There just isn't a point of commenting on a thread who's way of measuring success isn't compatible with yours and then commenting on it. Is there? 

if we compare ps4 2014, to switch 2017, ps4 easily wins, and thats withs switch getting a launch boost, and the majority of there big franchises.

Nighthawk117 said:

No. There just isn't a point of commenting on a thread who's way of measuring success isn't compatible with yours and then commenting on it. Is there? 

So, are you saying someone should not disagree with the thread or its metrics?

Nighthawk117 said:

So, are you saying someone should not disagree with the thread or its metrics?

No? I clearly did not say that anywhere. I'm saying there's no point in entertaining a thread and then saying the metrics behind it are "garbage data", especially while admitting that you ignore similar threads. If you offered something constructive that would work, but you're not doing that. So what's the point of participating in a thread that you are completely against, not just from an argumentative standpoint but just from the mere existence and basis of the thread?

Nighthawk117 said:

Do you not realize how stupid your last statement was?

You just said you IGNORE "garbage data" yet you are in a thread about that "garbage data".

Clearly you dont ignore it if you are in a thread about it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.