By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 storage issue

Tagged games:

KBG29 said:
Excited to hear you are getting a 4TB external. That will set you up for a long time. I have 4TB Internal SSD, and a 5GB External HDD. With 227 apps installed, I am at just short of 4TB in total between the two.

4TB SSD? That baby must have cost a fortune!

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:
I always just delete games when i'm finished with them, and sync my data with the online servers. I don't mind deleting stuff, since it doesn't take but a few minutes, to reinstall stuff on the PS4.

Deleting games is kinda sad, they deserve more!

But they stay in your library, so that u can quickly redownload them. Disc based games, only take a few minutes as well. There are so many games released anymore, that i rarely have the time to revisit them anyways.

I just bought a 5TB external for the PS4 and this type of stuff is no longer a problem for me. Do yourself a favor and get something similar. So much easier.

I'm constantly having to delete stuff to make room on my PS4. I'm considering upgrading to a bigger HD.

BraLoD said:
KBG29 said:
Excited to hear you are getting a 4TB external. That will set you up for a long time. I have 4TB Internal SSD, and a 5GB External HDD. With 227 apps installed, I am at just short of 4TB in total between the two.

I didn't even knew 4TB SSD where a thing, how much does it even costs?

Korvo_Attano said:

Bought mine for $1,500 when the PS4 Pro came out. Seen it as low as $1,299.99.

They just lanuched a 4TB EVO 960 Pro for the cool price of $1,899.99.

A bit spendy, but I am trying to do my part in being an early adapter. Hope they can hit their targets, and get price down to HDD levels by 2020. SSD is supposed to fall below HDD $/TB in the early 2020's, and capacity capacity gap is supposed to start widening exponentially. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
BraLoD said:

I didn't even knew 4TB SSD where a thing, how much does it even costs?

Korvo_Attano said:

Bought mine for $1,500 when the PS4 Pro came out. Seen it as low as $1,299.99.

They just lanuched a 4TB EVO 960 Pro for the cool price of $1,899.99.

A bit spendy, but I am trying to do my part in being an early adapter. Hope they can hit their targets, and get price down to HDD levels by 2020. SSD is supposed to fall below HDD $/TB in the early 2020's, and capacity capacity gap is supposed to start widening exponentially. 

Damn that's a hefty amount, but you get what you pay for. I do hope the price ends up on those levels cause I really need an SSD.

BraLoD said:
KLAMarine said:
Delete system 32. That thing takes up tons of space.

Does the PS4 even have this folder?

I confess, I lied. You need to take apart your PS4 and wash it. If you don't wash your electronics, they'll start acting up.

Everybody who says "It only takes a few minutes to install games", do this little experiment:

-Delete your game.
-Reinstall it an try to do anything besides play a new game.

How did that work out for you?

A lot of games let you download or install a little intro sample of a new game. Maybe it's a fighting game and it lets you have access to a couple of characters while the rest of the game installs. More often than not, a new game lets you get to a title screen while you wait for the rest of the game to download or install. This whole "PS4 installs a whole game in minutes" thing is a myth!

That's why I have a huge amount of storage and I don't uninstall anything! So thankful for external HDD support! Good luck to you OP. Super Meat Boy is a great (but HARD!) game.

d21lewis said:

Everybody who says "It only takes a few minutes to install games", do this little experiment:

-Delete your game.
-Reinstall it an try to do anything besides play a new game.

How did that work out for you?

A lot of games let you download or install a little intro sample of a new game. Maybe it's a fighting game and it lets you have access to a couple of characters while the rest of the game installs. More often than not, a new game lets you get to a title screen while you wait for the rest of the game to download or install. This whole "PS4 installs a whole game in minutes" thing is a myth!

The myth is it lets you play your game after a few minutes, while it downliads the rest of the game in the background, which is true. Install times are still way below X1’s.

The tips already given are pretty good. I just try to leave 100+GB free on my 2TB internal. I have a 1TB external to assist but I still occasionally run into problems. Thankfully, I've been beating a lot more games lately and will finally be able to delete some things (like Doom + FF15 and their absurd size).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.