By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 storage issue

Tagged games:

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Pemalite said:
I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

Funny. That's all I use my consoles for, they tend to be terrible at any media-creation tasks or basic web browsing or even chatting.

Barkley said:

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.

Considering how many hours it takes to install and update some games, who the hell wants to delete them?

I don't have the time to sit around and wait for hours while a game installs and updates before I am allowed to play it, I have a busy life you know.

My Xbox One X has like 300~ games installed... And that's not my entire library either, heck still got a games still in their plastic wrapper from several years ago.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Funny. That's all I use my consoles for, they tend to be terrible at any media-creation tasks or basic web browsing or even chatting.

Barkley said:

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.

Considering how many hours it takes to install and update some games, who the hell wants to delete them?

I don't have the time to sit around and wait for hours while a game installs and updates before I am allowed to play it, I have a busy life you know.

My Xbox One X has like 300~ games installed... And that's not my entire library either, heck still got a games still in their plastic wrapper from several years ago.

I guess if you're leaving games on your system that you are no longer playing, it will fill up your HDD. My PS4 Pro is hardwired and has a 1TB HDD.  As for download times, my internet speed is a middle of the line price package 40-60 mbps, and it takes nowhere near hours, to install a game. Even the huge games, seem to only take 15-20 minutes, tops.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 20 February 2018

Pemalite said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Barkley said:

That’s mainly an XBox problem though. Games on PS4 install much faster and even update in the background.

Pemalite said:

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

What you people are doing with storage is insane to me.

Xen said:
Pemalite said:

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

I agree. I have too many games installed already on 1TB. Wouldn’t help my backlog at all to have access to all games all of the time.

Around the Network

*throws hands up*

*Walks away*

BraLoD said:
Xen said:

Every time you unstall a game a good game is canned under development.

It matters not: every time you install another game to add to your existing 255, you enlarge your backlog and never get to play each to the fullest - or at all, leading to a result almost as bad as a cancelled game.

BraLoD said:
Xen said:

It matters not: every time you install another game to add to your existing 255, you enlarge your backlog and never get to play each to the fullest - or at all, leading to a result almost as bad as a cancelled game.

I play my games!

You are the exception.

Xen said:
Pemalite said:

Some of us have families that play too.  The 9 year old hops from one game to the next at a maddening pace.  With only 10 megabits down it takes farrrrr to long to re-download AAA games.  Nothing gets erased from my system ... well Kitten Squad by PETA did (a judgemental crap game) but that's all I can think of.

Errorist76 said:

That’s mainly an XBox problem though. Games on PS4 install much faster and even update in the background.

That is because the Playstation 4 isn't dumping the entire disk onto the Hard Drive.
There are Pro's and Con's to each approach.

Sixteenvolt420 said:

I guess if you're leaving games on your system that you are no longer playing, it will fill up your HDD. My PS4 Pro is hardwired and has a 1TB HDD.  As for download times, my internet speed is a middle of the line price package 40-60 mbps, and it takes nowhere near hours, to install a game. Even the huge games, seem to only take 15-20 minutes, tops.

The point is... I can go back and play them. At anytime.
For instance... Defense Grid I thoroughly enjoy and on a rainy day I often fire that back up again.

I have a 100Mbps~ connection, some games take hours to install from disk and update.
Master Chief Collection took 20 hours on release, I ain't ever uninstalling that thing. Haha

Xen said:
BraLoD said:

Every time you unstall a game a good game is canned under development.

Only 255 games?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--