By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 storage issue

Tagged games:

KBG29 said:
BraLoD said:

I didn't even knew 4TB SSD where a thing, how much does it even costs?

Korvo_Attano said:

4TB SSD? That baby must have cost a fortune!

Bought mine for $1,500 when the PS4 Pro came out. Seen it as low as $1,299.99.

They just lanuched a 4TB EVO 960 Pro for the cool price of $1,899.99.

A bit spendy, but I am trying to do my part in being an early adapter. Hope they can hit their targets, and get price down to HDD levels by 2020. SSD is supposed to fall below HDD $/TB in the early 2020's, and capacity capacity gap is supposed to start widening exponentially. 

Come on future, SSD is sexy but stupid expensive right now

Around the Network

For you guys with external platter drives do you see any performance hits on games running off of the external? My 2TB internal is damn near full and I'd rather just throw an external on it if there aren't any major performance hits ... Screw deleting with just 10 Mb down games take hours - days to download so I erase nothing.

I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

BraLoD said:
KBG29 said:

A bit spendy, but I am trying to do my part in being an early adapter. Hope they can hit their targets, and get price down to HDD levels by 2020. SSD is supposed to fall below HDD $/TB in the early 2020's, and capacity capacity gap is supposed to start widening exponentially. 

Damn you sure have some spare money, hope it's worth it for you.

KLAMarine said:

I confess, I lied. You need to take apart your PS4 and wash it. If you don't wash your electronics, they'll start acting up.

Can I use a toothbrush or do I need something as big as that?

Use a brush like this. You need to get to the plaque that builds up overtime to prevent gingivitis.

Good luck!

BraLoD said:
KBG29 said:

Damn you sure have some spare money, hope it's worth it for you.

When you don't have any Smartphones, Tablets, or PC's it gives you alot of money to spend =)) 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
d21lewis said:

Everybody who says "It only takes a few minutes to install games", do this little experiment:

-Delete your game.
-Reinstall it an try to do anything besides play a new game.

How did that work out for you?

A lot of games let you download or install a little intro sample of a new game. Maybe it's a fighting game and it lets you have access to a couple of characters while the rest of the game installs. More often than not, a new game lets you get to a title screen while you wait for the rest of the game to download or install. This whole "PS4 installs a whole game in minutes" thing is a myth!

The myth is it lets you play your game after a few minutes, while it downliads the rest of the game in the background, which is true. Install times are still way below X1’s.

If it's true then it's not a myth. Other than that, I agree with you (or rather, you agree with me).

BraLoD said:
Blood_Tears said:
I just bought a 5TB external for the PS4 and this type of stuff is no longer a problem for me. Do yourself a favor and get something similar. So much easier.

Yeah I already got a 4TB one.

think-man said:
I'm constantly having to delete stuff to make room on my PS4. I'm considering upgrading to a bigger HD.

Do it, I did.

But im thinking big. Like a 4 gig SSD :P 

BraLoD said:
The_Yoda said:
For you guys with external platter drives do you see any performance hits on games running off of the external? My 2TB internal is damn near full and I'd rather just throw an external on it if there aren't any major performance hits ... Screw deleting with just 10 Mb down games take hours - days to download so I erase nothing.

I've seems comments about external drives being as good as the normal internal drives on both the PS4/Slim and Pro in analysis, but I still have to try it myself.

Can’t report any negative impact. The standard 2.5 drive Inside is only 5400rpm anyway. With an external 3.5“ at 7200rpm one could even see an improvement. I’d like to test it myself though.

Pemalite said:

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Pemalite said:

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.