Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 storage issue

Tagged games:

Sixteenvolt420 said:
Pemalite said:
I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

Funny. That's all I use my consoles for, they tend to be terrible at any media-creation tasks or basic web browsing or even chatting.

Barkley said:

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.

Considering how many hours it takes to install and update some games, who the hell wants to delete them?

I don't have the time to sit around and wait for hours while a game installs and updates before I am allowed to play it, I have a busy life you know.

My Xbox One X has like 300~ games installed... And that's not my entire library either, heck still got a games still in their plastic wrapper from several years ago.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

Funny. That's all I use my consoles for, they tend to be terrible at any media-creation tasks or basic web browsing or even chatting.

Barkley said:

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.

Considering how many hours it takes to install and update some games, who the hell wants to delete them?

I don't have the time to sit around and wait for hours while a game installs and updates before I am allowed to play it, I have a busy life you know.

My Xbox One X has like 300~ games installed... And that's not my entire library either, heck still got a games still in their plastic wrapper from several years ago.

I guess if you're leaving games on your system that you are no longer playing, it will fill up your HDD. My PS4 Pro is hardwired and has a 1TB HDD.  As for download times, my internet speed is a middle of the line price package 40-60 mbps, and it takes nowhere near hours, to install a game. Even the huge games, seem to only take 15-20 minutes, tops.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 20 February 2018

Pemalite said:
Sixteenvolt420 said:

Well, some of us only use our gaming system for games.

Funny. That's all I use my consoles for, they tend to be terrible at any media-creation tasks or basic web browsing or even chatting.

Barkley said:

I think rather then media the issue is people install there games and don't delete them when they're done, or play many games at a time... personally I've never had less then 300gb free of my 1TB...

I mean 1TB is 20 large AAA games? Yeah I'm never going to have that many installed at once.

Considering how many hours it takes to install and update some games, who the hell wants to delete them?

I don't have the time to sit around and wait for hours while a game installs and updates before I am allowed to play it, I have a busy life you know.

My Xbox One X has like 300~ games installed... And that's not my entire library either, heck still got a games still in their plastic wrapper from several years ago.

That’s mainly an XBox problem though. Games on PS4 install much faster and even update in the background.



Pemalite said:
I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

What you people are doing with storage is insane to me.



Xen said:
Pemalite said:
I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

What you people are doing with storage is insane to me.

I agree. I have too many games installed already on 1TB. Wouldn’t help my backlog at all to have access to all games all of the time.



Around the Network

*throws hands up*

*Walks away*



mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Xen said:
Pemalite said:
I don't even know how people cope with only a couple of Terabytes of storage.

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

What you people are doing with storage is insane to me.

Every time you unstall a game a good game is canned under development.



BraLoD said:
Xen said:

I don't know why anybody gets external drives/upgrades the internals. 1TB on my PS4 Pro (more like 880GB ), only 250GB occupied. I play two games at a time at most, and even if I played 8 at a time, I'd still have a little space left over.

What you people are doing with storage is insane to me.

Every time you unstall a game a good game is canned under development.

It matters not: every time you install another game to add to your existing 255, you enlarge your backlog and never get to play each to the fullest - or at all, leading to a result almost as bad as a cancelled game.



Xen said:
BraLoD said:

Every time you unstall a game a good game is canned under development.

It matters not: every time you install another game to add to your existing 255, you enlarge your backlog and never get to play each to the fullest - or at all, leading to a result almost as bad as a cancelled game.

I play my games!



BraLoD said:
Xen said:

It matters not: every time you install another game to add to your existing 255, you enlarge your backlog and never get to play each to the fullest - or at all, leading to a result almost as bad as a cancelled game.

I play my games!

You are the exception.