By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How much sleep do you need?

Cobretti2 said:
2-4 is plenty for me.

I wish I only needed that much sleep.

Around the Network

5.5-7 hours. I'd like to get eight a night, but I can't get to sleep before 1am, and I wake up around 7:30-8 most days so it doesn't give me much room for more.

A ton. But a lot of it is stress induced with a lack of routine. If I got a paper to do, its unfeasible to sleep at the correct time, if I got an exam tomorrow (in fact I do...) then I lose some sleep doing homework and making sure my studies are up to date. So after a day like that, even with 8 hours of sleep, I usually fall asleep again for 2-3 hours after classes. On sundays after 2 full nights of sleep I usually only need 6-7 hours.

Obviously depends on the day thus an average is needed so I suppose 9.5 hours.

More than I get.
I'm weird. I feel more tired when I sleep 9 hours than when I sleep 5. Difference being, when I sleep 5 hours I'm really tired early in the night, but if I sleep 9 hours I can stay up all night... but I always stay up late anyway, so I try to sleep more than 5 hours

Unlike today...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Way more than I get.

Dammit. Slarvax totally copied me.

Around the Network

Irrelevant. I get as little as I want until my body asks for more. It's a symbiotic relationship.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

8-9 hours.

If I need to wake I'll wake, doesn't matter if I've had 8 hours or 2 hours, when that alarm goes off I'll get up for work, I've done a 12 hour day on 2 hours sleep after a 8 hour day before with little to no impact on people loving me at my job.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I feel like I can never get enough sleep, cause I'm still tired all the time regardless. But I can function through the day if I got at least 5 hours.

8 hours. I read anything between 5-10 hours is normal, each person has a personal sweetspot on this range. Anyone below five in this thread (sometimes way below): you overexerting your body. This will have consequences on the long term.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]