By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Secret of Mana out today! - Who's buying it?

Tagged games:

Who's buying it?

Physical all the way (Gamestop exclusive) 6 20.69%

Digital PS4 6 20.69%

Digital PSV 2 6.90%

Not interested 9 31.03%

No physical outside of Gamestop? Hell no! 1 3.45%

Others (please state) 5 17.24%

Total:29
Bristow9091 said:

V-r0cK said: 

If you're referring to the physical copy it's a Gamestop/EB Games exclusive with a limited run unfortunately.

Amazon and ShopTo beg to differ... 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-SQU288-UK-RB-Secret-Mana/dp/B077YD9CVW/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1518750698&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=secret+of+mana&psc=1

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4SE02-secret-of-mana-costume-dlc

Oh I guess the phyical copy in NA was only exclusive to Gamestop/EB games, while the rest of the world has it easier getting the physical.  Strange.  But that's great to know!

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

That's awesome to hear! I think any veterans that enjoyed the original and aren't looking forward to this version should just try it out somehow and actually get a feel for it.  Wish there was a demo for this for everyone to try.

A demo would have been really nice, because what I saw from the trailer didn't do the game justice. (At least not the one I saw.)
When I actually see the game in action, I do get the same feel I had playing the original.
And one cool thing about it worth pointing out that I didn't know until yesterday was that the minimap is actually the SNES version:

That's a really neat detail.

Holy crap i saw the mini map but never noticed it was the SNES version!! *mindblown  I did read that they put in a number of easter eggs in the game, I guess that's one of them :D

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Hiku said:

And one cool thing about it worth pointing out that I didn't know until yesterday was that the minimap is actually the SNES version:

Yeah I noticed that almost instantly, it's really cool! :P 

I must admit, that is REALLY cool.  I wish they'd do that for more remakes.

They better not remove the overworld... I've seen someone stream it and when he uses the canon we dont see any overworld while flying..

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I'll get the game but not now. I still need to reduce my backlog of games.

Naum said:
They better not remove the overworld... I've seen someone stream it and when he uses the canon we dont see any overworld while flying..

You do get to see it later, but it has been removed from all canon rides.

Around the Network

I’m far too busy with Monster Hunter:world to fit any other games into my tiny gaming time I get.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Hiku said:
V-r0cK said:

That's awesome to hear! I think any veterans that enjoyed the original and aren't looking forward to this version should just try it out somehow and actually get a feel for it.  Wish there was a demo for this for everyone to try.

A demo would have been really nice, because what I saw from the trailer didn't do the game justice. (At least not the one I saw.)
When I actually see the game in action, I do get the same feel I had playing the original.

That's a really neat detail.

It's not the actual SNES Map. It's a modified one. 

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

When it drops to like $10, I'll definitely pick it up. Secret Of Mana is great.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Hiku said:
Peh said:

It's not the actual SNES Map. It's a modified one. 

What's different about it?

The tree's for example. It looks rather like the one from the smartphone version of SoM than the SNES one.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3