By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Feminists outrage at walk on/Grid girls, F1 & Darts models ban. Your thoughts?

I am...

In support of Grid girls. 72 79.12%

I support banning grid gi... 6 6.59%

Indifferent or unsure. 12 13.19%

Comments... 1 1.10%

Total:91
TallSilhouette said:
o_O.Q said:

"In what way does an ideological group talking about an issue relevant to their group declare that it's only a serious issue when it's related to male sexuality?"

there is no declaration but i think that its pretty obvious

they took away the rights of these women to work.... why? 

because they were perceived to be sexually gratifying to men... i mean you yourself alluded to it with your "shallow" and "vapid" comments

Whooole lot of assumptions happening here. They didn't take away anything; the organizations did. A company removing one of its gender exclusive occupations does not take away the gender's fundamental right to work. Not enjoying racing models in your racing doesn't mean it's because the opposite sex enjoys them.

o_O.Q said:

"Feminist movements have campaigned and continue to campaign for women's rights, including the right to vote, to hold public office, to work, to earn fair wages or equal pay, to own propertyto receive education, to enter contracts, to have equal rights within marriage, and to have maternity leave"

which of those rights do women of the present day lack?

Which fundamental rights do they lack after these specific ~layoffs? If anything, things are more egalitarian now that neither sex is getting paid to flaunt their goodies (opening it up to men would have had a similar effect, but as I've discussed that would still add nothing to the sport).

"They didn't take away anything; the organizations did. "

true but the feminists put pressure on the organisations leading to them taking these positions away

"A company removing one of its gender exclusive occupations does not take away the gender's fundamental right to work."

it does within that field does it not?

suppose we took away the rights of women to work in STEM fields, is that now justified according to you?

"Not enjoying racing models in your racing doesn't mean it's because the opposite sex enjoys them."

i have no further comment... if you truly want to just play your part in pushing this dishonest nonsense then so be it

what i'll say though is that to see a group of people attacking a fundamental aspect of what you are as a human being (out of feelings of resentment and not a drive to better society) and support them as they do so cannot ever lead to a positive outcome

again you can call that a reach and i suppose it is, but i think again that its pretty obvious

"Which fundamental rights do they lack after these specific ~layoffs?"

so you disregarded the question i was asking to reframe it as if women are not being adversely affected by this while you claim to be supporting a movement that is all about emancipating women

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:

"They didn't take away anything; the organizations did. "

true but the feminists put pressure on the organisations leading to them taking these positions away

Again, I contend the logic upstairs behind removing racing models was more "female viewers don't enjoy our racing models and we'll hopefully gain more female fans by removing them" than "racing models are sexist and we need to remove them to avoid bad publicity".

o_O.Q said:

"A company removing one of its gender exclusive occupations does not take away the gender's fundamental right to work."

it does within that field does it not?

suppose we took away the rights of women to work in STEM fields, is that now justified according to you?

Not in racing itself; just that specific job title. Removing a job within a company that was exclusive to one sex is not a violation of/detriment to civil rights. Removing all women categorically from your company or industry would be.

o_O.Q said:

"Not enjoying racing models in your racing doesn't mean it's because the opposite sex enjoys them."

i have no further comment... if you truly want to just play your part in pushing this dishonest nonsense then so be it

what i'll say though is that to see a group of people attacking a fundamental aspect of what you are as a human being (out of feelings of resentment and not a drive to better society) and support them as they do so cannot ever lead to a positive outcome

again you can call that a reach and i suppose it is, but i think again that its pretty obvious

Look who's talking...

o_O.Q said:

"Which fundamental rights do they lack after these specific ~layoffs?"

so you disregarded the question i was asking to reframe it as if women are not being adversely affected by this while you claim to be supporting a movement that is all about emancipating women

My whole original point was that this decision probably wasn't about feminism in the first place; that's just what people want to point their fingers at. That line of questioning is a Red Herring. However, when you want to paint an entire/bulk/core/whatever of a movement that has objectively done gangbusters for civil rights and fairness over the years (and is still exposing injustice to this day) as an entity of hate toward half the human race (despite the majority of its followers leading normal lives and seeking healthy loving relationships with that other half), I'm inclined to speak up. Some women lost jobs over this decision, but that can happen to partial jobs when the employer want to become more impartial.

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

What feminists own Formula 1 or a dart tournament?

Exactly how can feminists force those owners to stop them from conducting business as they want to? They can't. Simple as that. I've already explained this in another post, but unless there's a financial argument (in which case you can hardly blame "feminism", you can't force neither advertisers nor viewers to accept their policies) or the owners themselves agreed with the viewpoint and made the call themselves, there's no way this would happen.

You've never heard of social pressure? That's the main weapon of feminists.

I've heard of social pressure, but social pressure requires it to be a large enough amount of people that it'll actually impact them. And that indirectly implies it's a financial decision.

Do you really think that the poor F1 and dart tournament organizers are pushed around against their will, towards a direction that they both don't agree with and that will lose them money? In that case, it's just bad leadership.

Social pressure can lead to bad PR, which in turn will hurt them financially. But then it's the financial repercussions (which again means that there's a large enough group of people that care about this, that they are just listening to their audience). Either way you cut it, it's fundamentally a leadership decision. Not feminists.

Besides, there are other groups that are trying to exert social pressure in different directions. They're just apparently doing a worse job at it.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 15 February 2018

John2290 said:
Teeqoz said:

What feminists own Formula 1 or a dart tournament?

Exactly how can feminists force those owners to stop them from conducting business as they want to? They can't. Simple as that. I've already explained this in another post, but unless there's a financial argument (in which case you can hardly blame "feminism", you can't force neither advertisers nor viewers to accept their policies) or the owners themselves agreed with the viewpoint and made the call themselves, there's no way this would happen.

It was feminists who sparked the fire that caused the final decision. I've watched mainly videos and I can't be arsed pulling it up but there was a LOT of push back that caused both of these, a gamer gate but on a smaller level and more scattered. There has been years of controversies surrounding this and they finally gave in. Game companies never had to listen to Anita Sarkesian but they did, some still do but most don't. If companies perceive a threat to there image especially when they are having a hard time like F1 is, they will take action no matter where it is coming from. Also, a lot of models have spoke out of threats from feminists before and after. Your comment makes no since, Lads mags have a male audience too, they don't have to listen to female outrage but they have in recent years. Same with F1 and darts. 

If a company sees a perceived threat to their public image, then it's a fundamentally financial decision. Why shouldn't a company adapt to what will make them money? If enough people dislike this practice that the tournament organizers view it as a potential financial threat, then they can react as they want, as long as it's within the law.

Around the Network

The girls are the only thing worth watching in darts.

So now, a lot of them lost their jobs.
Some feminism are dangerous to society.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Lol, any discussion on gender related issues on this forum are god damn terrible and daft

Beauty isn't permanent, but it shouldn't be penalized. And it's not what you do, but why you do it. The modern day feminists are a group of thought-police. They are the modern day gestapo in a sense among other groups. You can have any female dressed "modestly" and they would still be lusted over. Women might as well wear burkas if the feminist have their ways.

Yes, let's blame feminism for this and not the ones with the actual power to make these decisions.