By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

Chazore said:
Rocketjay8 said:

Kamiya used his personal account. Gears for Breakfast is letting their official account behave like this and it makes the studio as a who look unprofessional. Different situation.

The amount of people hounding him doesn't look good either in that light.

Regardless, one dev acted like a total loudmouth and that wasn't something to cheer for, and then picking this dev and saying they were in the wrong.

I'm sorry, but I'm frankly not buying how it's fine for Kamyia to fob off 3 platform follower groups, yet this one dev team it isn't, especially when this dev team has been hounded by Nintendo followers for some time.

Yeah, I looked back at Kamiya's post, I think that he shouldn't have responded like that either. Still don't like Gears for Breakfast's tweet either. 

Around the Network

lmao, when even developers start getting annoyed by the switch port begging... good on them for being straight forward.

Chazore said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Unnecessarily rude and unprofessional, yes it might get annoying people asking for the same things over and over but customers buy the games that pay your bills. If anything, fans begging for things is free market research.

And people are buying their game on the platforms the devs have released towards.

The game has been released on PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Macintosh operating systems. If you're Switch only (gods knows why) then you're out of luck. 

Switch only here and I don't even have enough time to play all the awesome Switch games. 

The game sold decently on Steam (for an indie game), but it could sell so much more on Switch. Again, the developer is the only one out of luck here. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

SegataSanshiro said:
Landale_Star said:

Although Gears for Breakfast haven't given their reasons (as far as I'm aware) people have pointed out that it's likely got a lot to do with the game running on Unreal Engine 3, which does not support the Switch. A port would be a significant investment and it might turn out terrible. There could well be other reasons too, but they did state some months ago that a Switch port would be unlikely for this reason.

Rocket League is unreal 3 as well. These devs just are not good at optimization. Isn't this game 30FPS on PS4? It's not that demanding of a game visually. Sounds more like they just suck at optimizing.

Rocket League is the exception though, and even that required collaboration between Panic Button and Psyonix, it was not an easy or inexpensive task. It did turn out well enough, but one game is not a good enough reason to expect all games to be possible.

Chazore said:
OTBWY said:

Like I said. I don't get the rage about it. The game doesn't look like something people should get upset over. There's enough to play on the Switch. If they want it badly, get it on PC or something. Wasted outrage.

Going Switch only is pretty silly, considering all the other platforms have access to even more titles than the Switch currently has. I'm PC first and Nintendo second, so if I want to double dip, I will, but only for the Switch. if the game is on PC but not on the Switch, I'll just grab it on PC.

Most people these days already have a primary platform, with a second system on the side, if that's anything to go by. 

What are your sources for this? I don't know anyone that has more than one current-gen console.

Around the Network

Shame. It'd probably have outsold every other version :p

Landale_Star said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Rocket League is unreal 3 as well. These devs just are not good at optimization. Isn't this game 30FPS on PS4? It's not that demanding of a game visually. Sounds more like they just suck at optimizing.

Rocket League is the exception though, and even that required collaboration between Panic Button and Psyonix, it was not an easy or inexpensive task. It did turn out well enough, but one game is not a good enough reason to expect all games to be possible.

They could easily do a Kickstarter to fund the port to the Switch. If it fails then they at least tried. 

There's probably something else going on here.

I'm okay with their decision, just like I hope the people that okay with their decision are okay with Platinum Games decision. Because it is really hypocritical to support developer not being pestered but be okay with it in another situation.

Last edited by Acevil - on 12 February 2018

Alkibiádēs said:
Landale_Star said:

They could easily do a Kickstarter to fund the port to the Switch. If it fails then they at least tried. 

There's probably something else going on here.

There could be, but I prefer to stick to what has actually been mentioned in the past, they did give fair warning that this may not be possible on Switch so I'll assume that's probably the largest factor unless they say otherwise.

Alkibiádēs said:
Bandorr said:
I am 100% with the Hat of time people. That wasn't even being rude. That is just being tired.
It seem various "fans" are taking port begging to the extreme.

If they want to release it, they will. I can't even imagine the constant harassment and such from entitle people demanding things like that.

Good for them.

Only on  a video game forum can consumers showing interest in a company's products be seen as "harassment". 

Leave console wars out of this thread please. Games being released on more platforms is always a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. 

The only one losing out here is the developer really, the Switch version would probably outsell all the other platforms combined. He's also shooting himself in the foot as Nintendo fans will avoid any future games by this developer and Nintendo won't feel likely to co-operate or help this studio from now on. 

All of this could have easily been avoided if the developer explained why it's not coming to the Switch instead of being a douche about it. 

There will probably be Nintendo fans that will be unwilling to support their future games via Kickstarter. But there is a chance for Nintendo to cooperate with Gears for future titles. I mean, they did a co-op with Platonic to port Yooka-Laylee to Switch.

Last edited by Rocketjay8 - on 12 February 2018