By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

Double post

Around the Network
Rocketjay8 said:

Yeah, I looked back at Kamiya's post, I think that he shouldn't have responded like that either. Still don't like Gears for Breakfast's tweet either. 

I can say that I'm not a huge fan of how people hounded them either.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Alkibiádēs said:

What are your sources for this? I don't know anyone that has more than one current-gen console.

Yeah, that's the difference, you don't know anyone in your area, and I do for mine, as well as others here that have talked about owning multiple systems.

There aren't 5-10 people in this world that only own multiple platforms.

There are people out there who own a combo, that varies from person to person. It's insanely asinine to assume that millions of people out there only own a single system for years, and nothing else. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Alkibiádēs said:

Switch only here and I don't even have enough time to play all the awesome Switch games. 

The game sold decently on Steam (for an indie game), but it could sell so much more on Switch. Again, the developer is the only one out of luck here. 

Not really no. They are making their money and are content with it.

The only ones losing here, are those for not owning another system and buying the game. It's on multiple systems and OS's already. 

Chazore said:
Alkibiádēs said:

What are your sources for this? I don't know anyone that has more than one current-gen console.

Yeah, that's the difference, you don't know anyone in your area, and I do for mine, as well as others here that have talked about owning multiple systems.

There aren't 5-10 people in this world that only own multiple platforms.

There are people out there who own a combo, that varies from person to person. It's insanely asinine to assume that millions of people out there only own a single system for years, and nothing else. 

It's insanely asinine to assume the casual gamer owns more than one current-gen platform. Hardcore gamers are the minority.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Switch only here and I don't even have enough time to play all the awesome Switch games. 

The game sold decently on Steam (for an indie game), but it could sell so much more on Switch. Again, the developer is the only one out of luck here. 

Not really no. They are making their money and are content with it.

The only ones losing here, are those for not owning another system and buying the game. It's on multiple systems and OS's already. 

Years of development and it only sold 100K on Steam. Probably sold less on consoles. A game like Steamworld Dig 2 sold at least ten times as much on the Switch as on Steam.

Saying the developers aren't losing out when they just pissed off their biggest market (for games like that) is insane.

Last edited by Alkibiádēs - on 12 February 2018

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

KLAMarine said:
Why? Seriously, why? Why turn down a chance to sell to more people who are clearly interested, myself included?

I guess they have enough money from the streams of income they already have, it's their choice at the end of the day, but it does make you wonder what their finance department is like when you see so many indie devs coming out with stories like "X game sold more on Switch than other platforms combined" does seem like this would be another candidate for that sort of story again.... until this point.

Still though as others said, there is plenty of options to buy on the Switch that aren't this game so doesn't really hurt the system and the devs happy to not have those sales... I guess it's either lose/lose or win/win whichever way you want to look at it lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Alkibiádēs said:

It's insanely asinine to assume the casual gamer owns more than one current-gen platform. Hardcore gamers are the minority.

Except I've seen plenty of "casual" gamers throughout my life that have owned more than one platform. You don't have to be a bloodthirsty roaded raged hardcore gamer to own more than one platform. There are more casuals out there who own multiple phone types, as well as tablets.

Alkibiádēs said:

Years of development and it only sold 100K on Steam. Probably sold less on consoles. A game like Steamworld Dig 2 sold at least ten times as much on the Switch as on Steam.

Saying the developers aren't losing out when they just pissed off their biggest market (for games like that) is insane.

Ah, so now we're solely down to playing the "Switch>everyone else" argument. That won't bode too well tbh. But since you're a Switch only owner, I can see why you'd resort to that kind of argument. 

"their biggest market".

yeah, you keep thinking that your system is the dominator of all other platforms, while mobile rakes in ten times the amount the Switch could make. 

Ka-pi96 said:
I find it funny that people praise that Japanese matey for being a dick to port beggars but criticise these guys for doing it. I guess which side the port beggars are on makes all the difference...

Apparently that's acceptable and to be praised, since their system>everyone else in terms of sales, for a few indie titles (and not the countless thousands that we've had over the years).

It's somehow bad to "piss off" that market, yet fine to piss off others. The times we live in.