By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

KLAMarine said:
Bandorr said:
I am 100% with the Hat of time people. That wasn't even being rude. That is just being tired.
It seem various "fans" are taking port begging to the extreme.

If they want to release it, they will. I can't even imagine the constant harassment and such from entitle people demanding things like that.

Good for them.
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Unnecessarily rude and unprofessional, yes it might get annoying people asking for the same things over and over but customers buy the games that pay your bills. If anything, fans begging for things is free market research.
PAOerfulone said:

Well at least they is more respectful when it comes to shutting down port beggers unlike Kamiya.

leyendax69 said:

lmao, when even developers start getting annoyed by the switch port begging... good on them for being straight forward.

Ka-pi96 said:
I find it funny that people praise that Japanese matey for being a dick to port beggars but criticise these guys for doing it. I guess which side the port beggars are on makes all the difference...
Simpleton said:
I like this dev's approach. Switch port begging has gotten pretty embarrassing.
estebxx said:

Hmmm....

I was never a fan of port begging but this... This made me HATE IT.

Signalstar said:
Port begging is disgusting.
arcaneguyver said:

Port begging is annoying (entitled port demanding is far worse), but if it's getting to the point where snide responses to customers looks like a viable option I think it's a good idea to take a week off social media (or perhaps a month) and see if people are still being bitches. If they are just get off it entirely, absolute waste of time anyways.

Can we stop calling it "port begging"? These people asking for a Switch port are potential customers. They're not beggars.

The people who insult and harass Gears are not beggars. Gears should just plain block and not respond to the trolls that are being toxic assholes. 

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
KLAMarine said:

But unlike a beggar, "port beggars" are not asking for a hand-out.

Look up the definition of beg. No wait I'll just paste it for you.

For example here is the perfect one for the people screaming "SWITCH VERSION!!!!"

"to take for granted without basis or justification: ".

Where as something closer to "hey the game is great, can I get it on this system instead" is closer to

"to ask (someone) to give or do something; implore:"

A ton of people are screaming at a very small company. Taking them for granted. They are beggars. They are port beggars.

Who's taking Hat in Time devs for granted? How?

Rocketjay8 said:
KLAMarine said:

Can we stop calling it "port begging"? These people asking for a Switch port are potential customers. They're not beggars.

The people who insult and harass Gears are not beggars. Gears should just plain block and not respond to the trolls that are being toxic assholes. 

Tell that to the people calling them port beggars.

KLAMarine said:

Right? Nothing more annoying than people demeaning and insulting people who say "I want this on this system." 

The Switch is Portable. It's a Nintendo console. I personally am not interested on playing a 3D platformer on any other system; as far as I'm concerned, it's Switch or Bust. I don't want it on PC, and given its inspiration it just feels more 'right' on the Switch. Same with Yooka-Laylee, only I did buy that on PS4. Still haven't played it, though. 

Point is I agree with you, KLAMarine. it's annoying to hear it called begging. It's not begging, it's a request. 

Bandorr said:
Alara317 said:

Right? Nothing more annoying than people demeaning and insulting people who say "I want this on this system." 

The Switch is Portable. It's a Nintendo console. I personally am not interested on playing a 3D platformer on any other system; as far as I'm concerned, it's Switch or Bust. I don't want it on PC, and given its inspiration it just feels more 'right' on the Switch. Same with Yooka-Laylee, only I did buy that on PS4. Still haven't played it, though. 

Point is I agree with you, KLAMarine. it's annoying to hear it called begging. It's not begging, it's a request. 

How is "SWITCH VERSION!!!!" a request?  How is "how can you guys be this stupid" a request? Why would you consider "This is the reason why your game is failing miserably in sales" anything close to a request?

Did Alara ever refer to the quotes you posted as 'requests'?

Bandorr said:

Allow me to quote.. well you. "Nothing more annoying than people demeaning and insulting people..". Or is it okay to demean and insult someone that is producing the game?

Did Alara ever say demeaning and insulting someone producing a game was okay?