By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

Port begging is annoying (entitled port demanding is far worse), but if it's getting to the point where snide responses to customers looks like a viable option I think it's a good idea to take a week off social media (or perhaps a month) and see if people are still being bitches. If they are just get off it entirely, absolute waste of time anyways.

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
I am 100% with the Hat of time people. That wasn't even being rude. That is just being tired.
It seem various "fans" are taking port begging to the extreme.

If they want to release it, they will. I can't even imagine the constant harassment and such from entitle people demanding things like that.

Good for them.
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Unnecessarily rude and unprofessional, yes it might get annoying people asking for the same things over and over but customers buy the games that pay your bills. If anything, fans begging for things is free market research.
PAOerfulone said:

Well at least they is more respectful when it comes to shutting down port beggers unlike Kamiya.

leyendax69 said:

lmao, when even developers start getting annoyed by the switch port begging... good on them for being straight forward.

Ka-pi96 said:
I find it funny that people praise that Japanese matey for being a dick to port beggars but criticise these guys for doing it. I guess which side the port beggars are on makes all the difference...
Simpleton said:
I like this dev's approach. Switch port begging has gotten pretty embarrassing.
estebxx said:

Hmmm....

I was never a fan of port begging but this... This made me HATE IT.

Signalstar said:
Port begging is disgusting.
arcaneguyver said:

Port begging is annoying (entitled port demanding is far worse), but if it's getting to the point where snide responses to customers looks like a viable option I think it's a good idea to take a week off social media (or perhaps a month) and see if people are still being bitches. If they are just get off it entirely, absolute waste of time anyways.

Can we stop calling it "port begging"? These people asking for a Switch port are potential customers. They're not beggars.

KLAMarine said:

Can we stop calling it "port begging"? These people asking for a Switch port are potential customers. They're not beggars.

Customers can be annoying. You just can't tell them that to their face. And it's always been called port begging, because it's always been annoying and a little sad, just like people on the sidewalk asking for money when you're on a task.

arcaneguyver said:
KLAMarine said:

Customers can be annoying. You just can't tell them that to their face. And it's always been called port begging, because it's always been annoying and a little sad, just like people on the sidewalk asking for money when you're on a task.

But unlike a beggar, "port beggars" are not asking for a hand-out.

Hopefully more communities adopt what resetera is doing to limit the switch port begging hive mind, its getting out of control.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I find it funny that people praise that Japanese matey for being a dick to port beggars but criticise these guys for doing it. I guess which side the port beggars are on makes all the difference...

But Nintendo funded Bayonetta 3. Did MS and Sony funded this game?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

The people on Kickstarter who funded this game did not fund it to play on the Switch.

Train wreck said:
Hopefully more communities adopt what resetera is doing to limit the switch port begging hive mind, its getting out of control.

People complaining about "port begging" are far more disruptive. 

I'm looking forward to some people's reactions when the next high profile Japanese franchise becomes exclusive to the Switch. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Train wreck said:

People complaining about "port begging" are far more disruptive. 

I'm looking forward to some people's reactions when the next high profile Japanese franchise becomes exclusive to the Switch. 

So you can start the cycle all over again and continue to dance the same dance?.

It wouldn't make you look any better and would just serve to sink you further down that pit. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

you gotta be some special type of loser if a consumer asking for a game or service on their preferred device annoys you especially if you're not working with/for the company that made said game/service.