By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

Hmmm....

I was never a fan of port begging but this... This made me HATE IT.

Around the Network
estebxx said:

Hmmm....

Wow, that might actually be the worst comment so far. When was that comment made?

One thing to understand about A Hat in Time is that it was entirely funded by Kickstarter. It was a very, very well run Kickstarter and the dev team hit most if not all what they said they would do with the backer money. They made the game for the backers for the most the part, the people who funded their vision. The Kickstarter was years before the Switch was even a rumor, so I can easily see why the devs are not interested in bringing it to the Switch. The people who funded the game funded it to be played on the systems it has been released for, not the Switch.

estebxx said:

Hmmm....

Yesh. What a troll. 

Or should I say an asstroll?

But seriously, fuck that guy.

Maybe instead of being assholes they could actually tell everyone the reason why it's not coming to Switch. Being annoyed or tired is no excuse to suck at PR.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

they seem to hate money, but its koo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Megiddo said:
One thing to understand about A Hat in Time is that it was entirely funded by Kickstarter. It was a very, very well run Kickstarter and the dev team hit most if not all what they said they would do with the backer money. They made the game for the backers for the most the part, the people who funded their vision. The Kickstarter was years before the Switch was even a rumor, so I can easily see why the devs are not interested in bringing it to the Switch. The people who funded the game funded it to be played on the systems it has been released for, not the Switch.

Nice logic but doesn't mean it can't be done.

Project Cars was mainly funded by Nintendo fans and the dev even boasted how good the game was running  on Wii U. What happened to honoring that lol?

Saying all this it is their choice if they want to or not.

Those answers look extremely unprofessional for some reason. You never burn bridges that way. I don't even have a Switch and I would never buy their games just because of those tweets.

It's perfectly fine for them not to want their game on Switch, or perhaps not be able to bring it (referring to the talk about Unreal Engine 3 in this thread earlier), and it's also perfectly fine for them to be tired of the question.

What I don't think is perfectly fine is giving rude, dismissive responses to fans asking for it from their official game account. People keep bringing up Kamiya, as if a lot of people don't hate his unprofessionalism too, and it's also extremely noteworthy to point out that he's doing it from his PERSONAL ACCOUNT. It would be very different if all that stuff was coming from the official Platinum Games account.

They're within their rights to be rude, but it reflects very poorly on them. I still bought the game on PS4, and while I haven't played it yet, I'm sure I'll enjoy it when I do. But I think this is a very bad look.

That's too bad. I was so sure the game would come to the Switch that it was more or less confirmed in my head, so this comes as a surprise. Oh well.