By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears for Breakfast: "A Hat in Time is not coming to the Switch"

KLAMarine said:
Why? Seriously, why? Why turn down a chance to sell to more people who are clearly interested, myself included?

Its a bit weird, but maybe they had some trouble with Nintendo about the game. The game is on PS4, XB1 and PC if you have any of those though.

Around the Network
OTBWY said:

Like I said. I don't get the rage about it. The game doesn't look like something people should get upset over. There's enough to play on the Switch. If they want it badly, get it on PC or something. Wasted outrage.

Going Switch only is pretty silly, considering all the other platforms have access to even more titles than the Switch currently has. I'm PC first and Nintendo second, so if I want to double dip, I will, but only for the Switch. if the game is on PC but not on the Switch, I'll just grab it on PC.

Most people these days already have a primary platform, with a second system on the side, if that's anything to go by. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
OTBWY said:

Like I said. I don't get the rage about it. The game doesn't look like something people should get upset over. There's enough to play on the Switch. If they want it badly, get it on PC or something. Wasted outrage.

Going Switch only is pretty silly, considering all the other platforms have access to even more titles than the Switch currently has. I'm PC first and Nintendo second, so if I want to double dip, I will, but only for the Switch. if the game is on PC but not on the Switch, I'll just grab it on PC.

Most people these days already have a primary platform, with a second system on the side, if that's anything to go by. 

I play all my platforms equally, PS4-Switch-PC (no Xbox). While I rather gravitate to playing my indie games on the Switch (for portability sake), I don't mind certain ones not coming. I just play them on my PC. I have a massive indie collection through Humble Bundle :D

thats a bit weird and a little unprofessional. the Switch has been a haven for indie games since it launched, you would think they would want to port the game to it, but theyre acting like they arent even trying to support the console. and that just means less sales and less publicity.

Chazore said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:
Unnecessarily rude and unprofessional, yes it might get annoying people asking for the same things over and over but customers buy the games that pay your bills. If anything, fans begging for things is free market research.

And people are buying their game on the platforms the devs have released towards.

The game has been released on PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Macintosh operating systems. If you're Switch only (gods knows why) then you're out of luck. 

Although Gears for Breakfast haven't given their reasons (as far as I'm aware) people have pointed out that it's likely got a lot to do with the game running on Unreal Engine 3, which does not support the Switch. A port would be a significant investment and it might turn out terrible. There could well be other reasons too, but they did state some months ago that a Switch port would be unlikely for this reason.

Around the Network

Well at least they is more respectful when it comes to shutting down port beggers unlike Kamiya.

Landale_Star said:
Chazore said:

And people are buying their game on the platforms the devs have released towards.

The game has been released on PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Macintosh operating systems. If you're Switch only (gods knows why) then you're out of luck. 

Although Gears for Breakfast haven't given their reasons (as far as I'm aware) people have pointed out that it's likely got a lot to do with the game running on Unreal Engine 3, which does not support the Switch. A port would be a significant investment and it might turn out terrible. There could well be other reasons too, but they did state some months ago that a Switch port would be unlikely for this reason.

Rocket League is unreal 3 as well. These devs just are not good at optimization. Isn't this game 30FPS on PS4? It's not that demanding of a game visually. Sounds more like they just suck at optimizing.

The dev said no, is no.

Otherwise they might need a porting team for the Nintendo Switch, Rocket League is powered by Unreal Engine 3 somewhat version...

Edit: Apparently any Unreal Engine 3 titles don't support Switch because it's a legacy support, it requires do some custom work.

Last edited by QUAKECore89 - on 15 February 2018

Least they aren't getting death threats and the sort like a certain other developer was when his game as Nintendo exclusive.

Bandorr said:
I am 100% with the Hat of time people. That wasn't even being rude. That is just being tired.
It seem various "fans" are taking port begging to the extreme.

If they want to release it, they will. I can't even imagine the constant harassment and such from entitle people demanding things like that.

Good for them.

Only on  a video game forum can consumers showing interest in a company's products be seen as "harassment". 

Leave console wars out of this thread please. Games being released on more platforms is always a GOOD thing, not a bad thing. 

The only one losing out here is the developer really, the Switch version would probably outsell all the other platforms combined. He's also shooting himself in the foot as Nintendo fans will avoid any future games by this developer and Nintendo won't feel likely to co-operate or help this studio from now on. 

All of this could have easily been avoided if the developer explained why it's not coming to the Switch instead of being a douche about it. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides