By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It´s 2020 PS5 is native 4k, 8 Tf, 16 GB of ram, RC, 450 USS. would you buy it?

CrazyGPU said:

If you do that, then there will be almost no difference betweek a next gen PS5 low tier and a PS4 pro. PS4 pro handles 2k, 4k with checkboarding.

But the machines can use more modern technology which can be cheaper to manufacture, thus bringing Playstation 4 Pro/Xbox One X levels of performance to lower price points.

It's essentially how the PC market generally operates... We essentially get new Graphics Cards on a yearly cadence.
Thus the highest performing GPU this year, would drop down a tier in equivalent performance the next year, but sold at a cheaper price.

Plus it also allows for an update in feature sets, so if there is a new hardware feature like say... Rapid Packed Math, Primitive Shading and so on... Then developers can be guaranteed access to those features across all console revisions.

Having Multiple tiers of hardware also allows for Microsoft and Sony to increase the average selling price of consoles.

Either way, it's just a hypothesis that is being thrown around, not something that may legitimately come to fruition.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
CrazyGPU said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I've actually suggested next gen should have a low tier and high tier option. But I think the only significant disparity you would want is GPU. That way the disparity is mostly resolution/graphics settings. So maybe the budget option varies from 1080p-4K. (like the X1X), while the premium achieves 4K regularly.

If you do that, then there will be almost no difference betweek a next gen PS5 low tier and a PS4 pro. PS4 pro handles 2k, 4k with checkboarding. Also console people wouldn´t like something like that, cause they would feel that the good one is expensive and the low tier is garbage. A lot of people didn´t even like the ps4 pro update 3  years later at the same price as PS4 at lauch. Also it would be harder for developers if after 3 years you have a PS5 pro. Developers would have to work 3 different resolutions. 

The idea is not bad at all, it would be like PC, but I guess people and developers wouldn´t like that and would be very hard for marketing. 

I would go for a good PS5 and then launch upgrades every 3 years to keep the sales hot. To succeed I think PS5 should have backwards compatibility with ps4 and awesome exclusive games only for PS5 that can show what you can make with a much faster CPU and GPU.

Pemalite gave a good response.

I will add that the low tier PS5 should have a superior CPU and more RAM (16GB-32GB or whatever 9th gen has) than a PS4 Pro. Ideally it would offer the same as high end model kust to make sure developers are optimizing for that CPU and getting the best out of it.

The only significant disparity in specs between low and high tier should be GPU power. Like maybe 8TF vs 16TF, or whatever is feasible in 2020.

So the low tier would still be big leap over the PS4 Pro, but better equipped for modern games than the Pro. It might be $399 vs $599. Most people would buy the low end because it plays the same games, maybe even hits 4K often. Meanwhile the high end model better achieves 4K, 60 fps, higher graphics settings, etc.

I believe this is an ideal scenario so consumers can get the price or power they want at launch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
CrazyGPU said:

If you do that, then there will be almost no difference betweek a next gen PS5 low tier and a PS4 pro. PS4 pro handles 2k, 4k with checkboarding. Also console people wouldn´t like something like that, cause they would feel that the good one is expensive and the low tier is garbage. A lot of people didn´t even like the ps4 pro update 3  years later at the same price as PS4 at lauch. Also it would be harder for developers if after 3 years you have a PS5 pro. Developers would have to work 3 different resolutions. 

The idea is not bad at all, it would be like PC, but I guess people and developers wouldn´t like that and would be very hard for marketing. 

I would go for a good PS5 and then launch upgrades every 3 years to keep the sales hot. To succeed I think PS5 should have backwards compatibility with ps4 and awesome exclusive games only for PS5 that can show what you can make with a much faster CPU and GPU.

I will add that the low tier PS5 should have a superior CPU and more RAM (16GB-32GB or whatever 9th gen has) than a PS4 Pro. Ideally it would offer the same as high end model kust to make sure developers are optimizing for that CPU and getting the best out of it.

The only significant disparity in specs between low and high tier should be GPU power. Like maybe 8TF vs 16TF, or whatever is feasible in 2020.

So the low tier would still be big leap over the PS4 Pro, but better equipped for modern games than the Pro. It might be $399 vs $599. Most people would buy the low end because it plays the same games, maybe even hits 4K often. Meanwhile the high end model better achieves 4K, 60 fps, higher graphics settings, etc.

I believe this is an ideal scenario so consumers can get the price or power they want at launch.

yes, ideal for consumers, but not for marketing. It would work if they make a backward compatible PS5 low tier hardware but sell it with the same name and performance as a ps4 pro as it were the same, just for cutting costs. And the PS5 would be only one. 

Console market is not Graphic card market. 

I would be very disappointed that they bothered doing a new console that was so close in power to the previous gen. They need to come out with PS5 when they can release a 20 TF system at the very least.

8tf in 2020 is just laughable.  Microsoft came out with a 6tf system in 2017 lol. 

CrazyGPU said:
Mr Puggsly said:

yes, ideal for consumers, but not for marketing. It would work if they make a backward compatible PS5 low tier hardware but sell it with the same name and performance as a ps4 pro as it were the same, just for cutting costs. And the PS5 would be only one. 

Console market is not Graphic card market. 

The market is savvy enough the understand the difference between low and high end console. Theyre experiencing it now with mid gen upgrades but still lean for the cheaper model because it plays the same games.

The argument for budget priced consoles is theyre underpowered and thats always the case when appealing to the masses. Having a premium console at launch changes that narrative. Its not difficult to market, can figure it out.

The mid gen upgrades biggest upgrade is the GPU. There evidently is demand for more visually capable consoles even at a premium price. So maybe it is a "graphics card" market at some level. At the very least it need to have a relatively powerful GPU in all models.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

If they launch a low tier PS5, people would demand that runs all the games that the high end does, hence being a bottleneck in the developement of the high end ps5. The only difference the machines can have is the GPU. CPU and Ram should be the same, and the low tier one would have a lower Teraflop or bandwith gpu with less memory. Both would have to run the same games for 7 years at least. Still I don't believe they would do such a thing.

CrazyGPU said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I've actually suggested next gen should have a low tier and high tier option. But I think the only significant disparity you would want is GPU. That way the disparity is mostly resolution/graphics settings. So maybe the budget option varies from 1080p-4K. (like the X1X), while the premium achieves 4K regularly.

Thats exactly why there is speculation of MS not supporting Generations anymore. That method of high and low end machines will reduce costs, support BC and bring in that Steam App type gaming experience. Basically just like PCs are today. No one is forced to pay top dollar for one machine when there will be an entry level system etc. Its actually a great system.

More than 399 no buy

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS