By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It´s 2020 PS5 is native 4k, 8 Tf, 16 GB of ram, RC, 450 USS. would you buy it?

As long as it’s still pumping out all the games it has done for the past 20 years I will get one, I don’t give a shot about all them TF, 4K and other gibberish. Just bring out the good games.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:
roadkillers said:
Looking at how graphics card prices have jumped up and see no sign of coming down, I have a hard time seeing much improvement in that department.

Exactly, I think a lot of ppl will be disappointed..

It's funny nobody else mentioned it for now.

Don't forget RAM and NAND prices.

Also... Some wafer manufacturers have increased the price of wafers by 20%.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/silicon-wafer-makers-plan-20-price-increase-for-2018-cpus-gpus-ram-and-nand-to-be-affected/

Hardware prices are being attacked from all angles it seems.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
KingofTrolls said:

Exactly, I think a lot of ppl will be disappointed..

It's funny nobody else mentioned it for now.

Don't forget RAM and NAND prices.

Also... Some wafer manufacturers have increased the price of wafers by 20%.
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/silicon-wafer-makers-plan-20-price-increase-for-2018-cpus-gpus-ram-and-nand-to-be-affected/

Hardware prices are being attacked from all angles it seems.

So wafer manufacturers increase the price of wafers and you say on other posts that present shrinks and smaller transistors don´t have any relation with price? you twist reality.

Mr Puggsly said:
Slap&Ride said:

Sony supports it's consoles long after the end of the generation - 10 years of support is a minimum. The PS2 was supported from 2000 to 2013. The PS3 from 2006 to 2017. So if the PS5 comes in 2020, then 2032 is possible, especially that it is very successful with a large install base - and profitable. And the 24GB is an odd number so its probably 16GB or 32GB.

Right, 360 had support for a long time as well. Generally speaking though 1st parties tend to push major titles on new platforms only. It was surprising to see Forza Horizon 2 when the focus was X1 for example.

I'm suggesting if MS really wants to blur the generation line then MS exclusives should be on X1 and their 9th gen Xbox. I suppose their game engines would need to be very scalable, kinda like the Frostbite engine and Unreal engine are.

X1X has an unusual number for RAM. 12GB in total, 9GB for games. 24GB could be sufficient for 9th gen if 16GB is for games and maybe 8GB for OS features. Current gen is already doing impressive things with just 5GB.

I think you are overselling somethings here.

First off, Consoles wouldn't need 8GB for OS features. If you ask me they are already being wasteful dedicating as much as 3GB for OS features. 

Then all this talk about blurring lines. About XB1X running ports of 9th gen games better than X1. While that is true, you are forgetting that there will at the time, actually be 9th gen consoles. And that even tho the XB1X would run those ports better than they would run on the XB1.... it will still be vastly inferior to whatever those games run like on the atual 9th gen consoles. 

Lastly, and sorry to bust your bubble..... what first part games does MS have to use and blur these lines? The reason MS is in the hole they are in now is primarily because of their poor first party library. They simply lack the variety and consistency of titles to make a good base for cross generational gaming on their own.

(not directed at you) Its like people are throwing around 16/32/64GB of ram as if those are the most relevant things to a next gen hardware...... I am more interested in things like memory bandwidth, internal drive type and bandwidth...etc.

And consoles are not PCs...... because PCs average X amount of RAM doesn't mean onsoles need to match that amount to run games as a PC would run them.

Pemalite said: 

What's so unusual about it? It aligns well with the 384-bit memory bus and DRAM chip counts.

Props to Microsoft though for having a more efficient OS than Sony and thus negating the requirement of additional DDR3 to perform simple tasks.

Come on you should know better. The PS4s isn't getting the additional ram for basic tasks; what does that tell you?

Sony had to do that with the PS4pro because they were sticking to the same amount of Ram they had with the PS4s. But at the same time having to account for an increase in memory use due to running at higher resolutions. 

What I would like to know though is why the XB1X and the XB1s use the same amount of RAM for their system OS.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
Pemalite said: 

What's so unusual about it? It aligns well with the 384-bit memory bus and DRAM chip counts.

Props to Microsoft though for having a more efficient OS than Sony and thus negating the requirement of additional DDR3 to perform simple tasks.

Come on you should know better. The PS4s isn't getting the additional ram for basic tasks; what does that tell you?

Sony had to do that with the PS4pro because they were sticking to the same amount of Ram they had with the PS4s. But at the same time having to account for an increase in memory use due to running at higher resolutions. 

What I would like to know though is why the XB1X and the XB1s use the same amount of RAM for their system OS.

cause it's literally the exact same dash? It's even 1080p one the 1X too, not 4K.

It was going to be 4gb one X1X, but they changed from a 4K dash to a 1080p one to save 1gb extra ram for games.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
Intrinsic said:

cause it's literally the exact same dash? It's even 1080p one the 1X too, not 4K.

It was going to be 4gb one X1X, but they changed from a 4K dash to a 1080p one to save 1gb extra ram for games.

For real? well that explains it. 

CrazyGPU said:

So wafer manufacturers increase the price of wafers and you say on other posts that present shrinks and smaller transistors don´t have any relation with price? you twist reality.

You should try reading my posts within their intended context. It might help clear things up for you.
Conflating multiple issues and taking them out of context doesn't help your case... And your jabs are becoming droll.

Intrinsic said:

I am talking about all Playstation 4's. Not strictly just the Pro. So you are correct. "I did know better".
The base Playstation 4 had additional DDR3 to handle basic tasks like background downloads... Where-as Microsoft didn't.

Intrinsic said:

Because the Xbox One X only renders it's Graphical User Interface at a pathetic 1080P, irrespective of output resolution.

It's  almost the exact same software stack/features as the Xbox One S.

Thankfully though, Microsoft has opted to use simple colours, bold and sharp lines for it's user Interface so it scales fairly well to higher resolutions... However, images, videos and text does tend to look soft and gross.

Fact is, Microsoft's software stack on the Xbox does seem to have the edge over Playstation in terms of efficiency where they use less overall DRAM.
And they achieved that despite running multiple Operating Systems in a virtualised environment.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 16 February 2018

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I'm still using the OG PS4 it plays and looks great to me. Listen, I grew up on PS1 as my first 3D console and can still play it with no trouble. My mindset is simply just thinking the current Playstation as just more advanced obviously but essentially still the same goal in mind - a comfortable console experience that though is aging can still do good for the consumer until the next one is out.

16GB of RAM sounds a bit low, 32GB would probably be better for 2020.