By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - It´s 2020 PS5 is native 4k, 8 Tf, 16 GB of ram, RC, 450 USS. would you buy it?

flashfire926 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Right, 360 had support for a long time as well. Generally speaking though 1st parties tend to push major titles on new platforms only. It was surprising to see Forza Horizon 2 when the focus was X1 for example.

I'm suggesting if MS really wants to blur the generation line then MS exclusives should be on X1 and their 9th gen Xbox. I suppose their game engines would need to be very scalable, kinda like the Frostbite engine and Unreal engine are.

X1X has an unusual number for RAM. 12GB in total, 9GB for games. 24GB could be sufficient for 9th gen if 16GB is for games and maybe 8GB for OS features. Current gen is already doing impressive things with just 5GB.

Forza Horizon 2 port turned out to be a huge waste of shelf space, given how dissapointing the port turned out to be. It was stripped out on a lot of things that made the game great.

Now Rise of the Tomb Raider had a superb port job, 2 years into next gen. That's what was real surprising. 

Nope, Forza Horizon 2 for 360 on its own was a good product. I played a ton of FH2 on X1 and still enjoyed the 360 version as well. They essentially scaled it back to circuit racer like the original game, which kinda makes it a unique product compared to the X1 version. FH2 was a good game on 360 and even sold fairly well.

My only gripe with FH2 on 360 was barriers separating the road and open areas was too arbitrary. Essentially you could drive in open areas but the road across the land might have a fence blocking it. That was poor design, but over all still a fun game.

RotTR was really (or seems to be) the full game ported to 360. An impressive job but sometimes it looked unpolished even for 360 standards. Either way, still a great game for 360.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 17 February 2018

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well the X1 was about $199 after about 3 years during the holiday.

I think X1X for $249-299 during the holiday with a redesign of 2020 is reasonable.

Eitherway, I think its important MS tries to blur generation and make X1 somehow part of their 9th gen userbase. Even if that means making all exclusives X1 compatible throughout the 9th gen.

The Xbox One is not an accurate representation of what the Xbox One X will become.
It's an Apples to Oranges comparison.

The Xbox One on release didn't even have impressive hardware, it was conservative, it was cheap.

The Xbox One X has an expensive and for a console, advanced cooler. That doesn't come cheap.
The Xbox One X has more Ram chips (A component that is increasing in price) than the Xbox One ever had.
The Xbox One X has a wider memory bus that requires more board traces and thus PCB layers.

It's not a simple case of building the SoC at a smaller fabrication process and selling the console at a cheaper price, there is so much more to the Xbox One X that will keep it's price higher than the Xbox One.

Besides... In 2020 the Xbox One S will still be on the market as a budget offering, with game bundles and larger hard drives poking fun at the higher price points.

In the exact post you're responding to I clarify this is apples and oranges. How? I'm suggesting a price higher than $199.

I'm thinking when 9th gen launches or shortly after, the X1 S should be discontinued and the X1X becomes the budget option. Because I don't see the X1 S getting much lower than $199.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Intrinsic said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Right, 360 had support for a long time as well. Generally speaking though 1st parties tend to push major titles on new platforms only. It was surprising to see Forza Horizon 2 when the focus was X1 for example.

I'm suggesting if MS really wants to blur the generation line then MS exclusives should be on X1 and their 9th gen Xbox. I suppose their game engines would need to be very scalable, kinda like the Frostbite engine and Unreal engine are.

X1X has an unusual number for RAM. 12GB in total, 9GB for games. 24GB could be sufficient for 9th gen if 16GB is for games and maybe 8GB for OS features. Current gen is already doing impressive things with just 5GB.

I think you are overselling somethings here.

First off, Consoles wouldn't need 8GB for OS features. If you ask me they are already being wasteful dedicating as much as 3GB for OS features. 

Then all this talk about blurring lines. About XB1X running ports of 9th gen games better than X1. While that is true, you are forgetting that there will at the time, actually be 9th gen consoles. And that even tho the XB1X would run those ports better than they would run on the XB1.... it will still be vastly inferior to whatever those games run like on the atual 9th gen consoles. 

Lastly, and sorry to bust your bubble..... what first part games does MS have to use and blur these lines? The reason MS is in the hole they are in now is primarily because of their poor first party library. They simply lack the variety and consistency of titles to make a good base for cross generational gaming on their own.

(not directed at you) Its like people are throwing around 16/32/64GB of ram as if those are the most relevant things to a next gen hardware...... I am more interested in things like memory bandwidth, internal drive type and bandwidth...etc.

And consoles are not PCs...... because PCs average X amount of RAM doesn't mean consoles need to match that amount to run games as a PC would run them.

Well I'm predicting OS/UIs in 9th gen consoles are gonna need more resources and hopefully that also means better performance. 7th gen and 8th gen have had notoriously sluggish interfaces.

We don't know what specs 9th gen consoles will have yet or what price their aiming for. If the PS5 is just 3 years away and still aiming for $399, I'm not sure how "vastly interior" X1X will look. The only thing that may hold X1X back for playing 9th gen content well is the CPU.

MS's first party/exclusives has actually been pretty strong, I would only argue they need to do more. Which seems to be something they admit and focus for them right now.

We're getting to a point where PC and console RAM needs to be similar in quantity. 16GB dedicated to games might be what we need in the 9th gen for more demanding games and higher quality textures. However, people are suggesting really high numbers of RAM just because high end PCs are have it but games don't really require it.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 17 February 2018

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

The Xbox One is not an accurate representation of what the Xbox One X will become.
It's an Apples to Oranges comparison.

The Xbox One on release didn't even have impressive hardware, it was conservative, it was cheap.

The Xbox One X has an expensive and for a console, advanced cooler. That doesn't come cheap.
The Xbox One X has more Ram chips (A component that is increasing in price) than the Xbox One ever had.
The Xbox One X has a wider memory bus that requires more board traces and thus PCB layers.

It's not a simple case of building the SoC at a smaller fabrication process and selling the console at a cheaper price, there is so much more to the Xbox One X that will keep it's price higher than the Xbox One.

Besides... In 2020 the Xbox One S will still be on the market as a budget offering, with game bundles and larger hard drives poking fun at the higher price points.

In the exact post you're responding to I clarify this is apples and oranges. How? I'm suggesting a price higher than $199.

I'm thinking when 9th gen launches or shortly after, the X1 S should be discontinued and the X1X becomes the budget option. Because I don't see the X1 S getting much lower than $199.

And I am suggesting the Xbox One X won't become a budget option because of all the points I listed.
It would probably be cheaper to have a lower-tiered next-gen system.

Mr Puggsly said:

Well I'm predicting OS/UIs in 9th gen consoles are gonna need more resources and hopefully that also means better performance. 7th gen and 8th gen have had notoriously sluggish interfaces.

One of the great things about the Xbox One X is how much snappier the interface is.
That CPU clockrate increase did bring some general advantages on that front.

Mr Puggsly said:

We don't know what specs 9th gen consoles will have yet or what price their aiming for. If the PS5 is just 3 years away and still aiming for $399, I'm not sure how "vastly interior" X1X will look. The only thing that may hold X1X back for playing 9th gen content well is the CPU.

We have precedents of what past consoles have provided... We have technological roadmaps for what hardware to expect in the future.
You would be surprised how far an educated guess can get you.

Mr Puggsly said:

MS's first party/exclusives has actually been pretty strong, I would only argue they need to do more.

I respect your opinion. But it is wrong.

Mr Puggsly said:

Which seems to be something they admit and focus for them right now.

Indeed. And I hope they do well.

Mr Puggsly said:

We're getting to a point where PC and console RAM needs to be similar in quantity. 16GB dedicated to games might be what we need in the 9th gen for more demanding games and higher quality textures.

It needs to be "total" memory. Not just system.

The Xbox One and Playstation 3 OS's are just as memory hungry as a PC OS these days, some cases more so.
So a little extra would go a long way to make it to generations end.

Mr Puggsly said:

However, people are suggesting really high numbers of RAM just because high end PCs are have it but games don't really require it.

Then they are wrong. Consoles are $400-$650 AUD static "PC's". - There is only so much technology you can fit into one of those boxes for that price.
A console is more or less always going to trend around what a mid-range PC has and offers due to that fact with it's primary emphasis being the graphics hardware.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

And I am suggesting the Xbox One X won't become a budget option because of all the points I listed.
It would probably be cheaper to have a lower-tiered next-gen system.

Mr Puggsly said:

One of the great things about the Xbox One X is how much snappier the interface is.
That CPU clockrate increase did bring some general advantages on that front.

Mr Puggsly said:

We have precedents of what past consoles have provided... We have technological roadmaps for what hardware to expect in the future.
You would be surprised how far an educated guess can get you.

Mr Puggsly said:

MS's first party/exclusives has actually been pretty strong, I would only argue they need to do more.

I respect your opinion. But it is wrong.

Mr Puggsly said:

Which seems to be something they admit and focus for them right now.

Indeed. And I hope they do well.

Mr Puggsly said:

We're getting to a point where PC and console RAM needs to be similar in quantity. 16GB dedicated to games might be what we need in the 9th gen for more demanding games and higher quality textures.

It needs to be "total" memory. Not just system.

The Xbox One and Playstation 3 OS's are just as memory hungry as a PC OS these days, some cases more so.
So a little extra would go a long way to make it to generations end.

Mr Puggsly said:

However, people are suggesting really high numbers of RAM just because high end PCs are have it but games don't really require it.

Then they are wrong. Consoles are $400-$650 AUD static "PC's". - There is only so much technology you can fit into one of those boxes for that price.
A console is more or less always going to trend around what a mid-range PC has and offers due to that fact with it's primary emphasis being the graphics hardware.

I'm suggesting the X1X will be redesigned and that will reduce the price. I think the lower tier 9th gen option would be interesting. If that could hit the market for $249-$299, otherwise X1X should fill that void.

We can only speculate on 9th specs right now. Should be a boost over X1X though. That's my educated guess.

Critically X1 exclusives have done well and they excel in some genres that Sony or Nintendo don't quite. This is why I buy all the consoles, they all produce enjoyable content in varying genres/styles. I'm not wrong, but the general consensus is they need more.

Recently Completed

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm suggesting the X1X will be redesigned and that will reduce the price. I think the lower tier 9th gen option would be interesting. If that could hit the market for $249-$299, otherwise X1X should fill that void.

We can only speculate on 9th specs right now. Should be a boost over X1X though. That's my educated guess.

Critically X1 exclusives have done well and they excel in some genres that Sony or Nintendo don't quite. This is why I buy all the consoles, they all produce enjoyable content in varying genres/styles. I'm not wrong, but the general consensus is they need more.

If Intrinsic's suggestion of splitng up the CPU and GPU happens, then the XOX probably won't be able to be forward compatible due to the CPU. A full discrete CPU and GPU would offer a full generational leap in power. 

I do agree about next gen consoles needing a substantial amount of RAM for the OS. Consoles have become about much more then just gaming. Next gen they will have to once again increase the multitasking, and app swapping functions. Voice controls should be very strong in the next boxes allowing people to quickly swap tasks, and get right ahere they want instantly. Thry will basically be closed garden PC's for the TV.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Mr Puggsly said:

It would almost be an entirely new console. You might as well release three tiers of Gen 9 hardware.
Budget, Mid-Range and Enthusiast Xbox 4.

Mr Puggsly said:

I can't even remember the last exclusive the Xbox One had.
Feels like years.

KBG29 said:

If Intrinsic's suggestion of splitng up the CPU and GPU happens, then the XOX probably won't be able to be forward compatible due to the CPU. A full discrete CPU and GPU would offer a full generational leap in power.

Splitting those components up wouldn't break backwards compatibility.

KBG29 said:

I do agree about next gen consoles needing a substantial amount of RAM for the OS. Consoles have become about much more then just gaming. Next gen they will have to once again increase the multitasking, and app swapping functions.

Hopefully Microsoft and Sony includes some extra LPDDR DRAM to run just the OS so that there is as much GDDR memory for what is important. Gaming.

KBG29 said:

Voice controls should be very strong in the next boxes allowing people to quickly swap tasks, and get right ahere they want instantly. Thry will basically be closed garden PC's for the TV.

It's what I miss with Kinect. Voice controls.
Shame Microsoft removed the port on later Xbox One consoles, buying a Kinect Adapter is expensive here for some reason.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I don't know if PS5 will be USS 400 or not. I mean inflation exist, and after 7 years 450 USS might be cheaper than 400 7 years ago. We'll see.

Pemalite said:
Mr Puggsly said:

It would almost be an entirely new console. You might as well release three tiers of Gen 9 hardware.

I've actually suggested next gen should have a low tier and high tier option. But I think the only significant disparity you would want is GPU. That way the disparity is mostly resolution/graphics settings. So maybe the budget option varies from 1080p-4K. (like the X1X), while the premium achieves 4K regularly.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Pemalite said:

I've actually suggested next gen should have a low tier and high tier option. But I think the only significant disparity you would want is GPU. That way the disparity is mostly resolution/graphics settings. So maybe the budget option varies from 1080p-4K. (like the X1X), while the premium achieves 4K regularly.

If you do that, then there will be almost no difference betweek a next gen PS5 low tier and a PS4 pro. PS4 pro handles 2k, 4k with checkboarding. Also console people wouldn´t like something like that, cause they would feel that the good one is expensive and the low tier is garbage. A lot of people didn´t even like the ps4 pro update 3  years later at the same price as PS4 at lauch. Also it would be harder for developers if after 3 years you have a PS5 pro. Developers would have to work 3 different resolutions. 

The idea is not bad at all, it would be like PC, but I guess people and developers wouldn´t like that and would be very hard for marketing. 

I would go for a good PS5 and then launch upgrades every 3 years to keep the sales hot. To succeed I think PS5 should have backwards compatibility with ps4 and awesome exclusive games only for PS5 that can show what you can make with a much faster CPU and GPU.