By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: MGS HD Collection Coming To PS4. Update: NOT happening.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:

Same. Out of 1, 2 and 4, ( never played 3 ) 4 is easily my favorite, mostly because the controls aren't a hodge-podge of fucking nonsense. I tried to play MGS 2 at launch on PS2, again on the original Xbox, and yet again on the Vita. Don't think it's happening with me and that game.

I've played some of 2, all of 3, and a lot of peacewalker, as well as some of 5. But it sucks playing these games without full context honestly ...

It's usually my policy to play earlier entries in series with such strong, interconnected narratives, but there have been exceptions. I actually totally forgot about Ground Zeros and MGS 5. I was enjoying MGS 5 until I was glitch fucked. I saved and quit. Came back a few hours later and had somehow lost all my money, and was deep in the red. This was before the point in the game where players could raid my base ( which I never experienced, and thus don't fully understand ). People tried to help me on the MGS forums, but ultimately they had no idea what had happened. Wasn't far in the story, but had done quite a lot otherwise. I was pretty pissed off and never went back. Ground Zeros was pretty dope.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Bristow9091 said:
Bring the Legacy Collection over instead, it has the first and fourth game!

PwerlvlAmy said:
no 1st or 4th game. Hard pass.

^^^^^

here here! I almost buy a PS3 just for that collection. And for Demon's Souls too. 

Now thats a game that needs to be remastered,Demon Souls.

This seems like a lazy MGS collection though :(

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

MGS1 needs the Bluepoint treatment.

Bristow9091 said:
Bring the Legacy Collection over instead, it has the first and fourth game!

This^^

I'd like to play most of the older MGS games as I have yet to play V still.

If this was ported to Switch, think people would whine it's another port? Not meaning to derail. I'm all for more games on any system.

Around the Network

cool rumour that it might be coming to the Vita....

If only the writer of said rumour actually bothered to know which system the game is already out on for the last 3 years.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
cool rumour that it might be coming to the Vita....

If only the writer of said rumour actually bothered to know which system the game is already out on for the last 3 years.

The rumor comes from the fact that armature only did the vita version but their website clearly states a PS4 version. Bluepoint Games previously worked on the PS3/360 version. So armature listing a PS4 version means one of two things. 1: it’s a typo. 2: They’re handling the PS4 port this time. 

It seems that link doesnt work, in any case I hope this is true, and they will also bring SH collection, and bring both collection to Switch also.

Miyamotoo said:
It seems that link doesnt work, in any case I hope this is true, and they will also bring SH collection, and bring both collection to Switch also.

http://armature.com/fwp_portfolio/mgshd

Already own all games on PS3, so only a full on remake would be tempting for me.