By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RUMOR: MGS HD Collection Coming To PS4. Update: NOT happening.

http://armature.com/fwp_portfolio/mgshd">https://web.archive.org/web/20180210180409/http://armature.com/fwp_portfolio/mgshd

From the critically acclaimed director, Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for PSVita includes two of the most popular Metal Gear Solid titles from the past in true HD. Featuring both Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, the HD Collection offers gamers a chance to experience the epic gameplay, design, and storytelling of the Metal Gear Solid (MGS) franchise with all-new features including optimized controls designed to take full advantage of the PSVita’s touch-screen capabilities, a rebalanced user interface, along with trophies and game-saves that can be shared via TRANSFARRING (save data sharing) with the PS3 version of MGS HD Collection.

The MGS series is the seminal work of Hideo Kojima, Japan’s master game creator, and the progenitor of the stealth action game genre. With more than 31 million units sold to date, the Metal Gear series has become a global phenomenon. The player controls a secret agent from an elite special forces unit who is sent on solo stealth missions through enemy installations, vast jungles, and sometimes even the thick of battle. Alone and surrounded by the enemy, even a special forces agent will find it tough to come out alive. But that is the secret behind the series’ popularity—the cerebral challenge of figuring out how to avoid combat, and the thrill of sneaking through enemy territory undetected.

• Publisher

Konami

• Platforms

PS4
    PS Vita

• Genre

Action, Adventure, Shooting, Military, Strategy. Stealth

Update: Unfortunately this was simply a typo by one of our web developers and is neither a leak nor indication that the MGS HD collection is coming to PS4.  Or that Armature is working on any new MGS games.

Last edited by UltimateGamer1982 - on 11 February 2018

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Bring the Legacy Collection over instead, it has the first and fourth game!

I'd only buy if its this 

no 1st or 4th game. Hard pass.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I have a theory that notable games we haven't seen on X1 BC could be getting a remaster. That has been the case for a lot of games that have skipped BC or came late.

Thus far no MGS games have been on BC so its certainly possible remasters are coming for various platforms. I imagine PC would get support as well. It would be nice to have all of MGS on a single platform.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Surprised its not on PS4 already to be honest.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

It's written as if it will release on Vita but it's already on that system.

They should make a Metal Gear Collection including 1 - 4 remastered and also Peacewalker

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

Bristow9091 said:

PwerlvlAmy said:

^^^^^

here here! I almost buy a PS3 just for that collection. And for Demon's Souls too. 

I’d buy a trilogy cartridge for Nintendo Switch containing:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes HD

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD

Metal Gear Solid 3 HD

I know some people prefer MGS over The Twin Snakes remake, but the latter would be be so much easier to bring over in HD and ultimately, look a lot better. Throw MGS4 and possibly 5 in there and holy crap would you have an amazing set.  That’d be worth more than $60.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Bristow9091 said:

PwerlvlAmy said:

^^^^^

here here! I almost buy a PS3 just for that collection. And for Demon's Souls too. 

Same. Out of 1, 2 and 4, ( never played 3 ) 4 is easily my favorite, mostly because the controls aren't a hodge-podge of fucking nonsense. I tried to play MGS 2 at launch on PS2, again on the original Xbox, and yet again on the Vita. Don't think it's happening with me and that game.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

^^^^^

Same. Out of 1, 2 and 4, ( never played 3 ) 4 is easily my favorite, mostly because the controls aren't a hodge-podge of fucking nonsense. I tried to play MGS 2 at launch on PS2, again on the original Xbox, and yet again on the Vita. Don't think it's happening with me and that game.

I've played some of 2, all of 3, and a lot of peacewalker, as well as some of 5. But it sucks playing these games without full context honestly ...