By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you live in Africa?

Intrinsic said:
Nem said:
I don't think the internet is widespread in Africa. I have seen south Africans, but not much else.

think-man said:
You will probably only get People from South Africa and maybe Namibia at a stretch.

sad......

I don't think many realize how big africa is.

What is sad is your post. What is that even supposed to mean?

What does that matter how big it is? It's wether the countries have coverage and wether their access is restricted. Wich, is the case for the vast majority. To have coverage it involves investment, for there to be investment there has to be a safe business environment. Size is not relevant aslong as the market it there. It starts from the biggest population concentrations and that's where the majority is. If they were in, we could spot them more easily.

Last edited by Nem - on 10 February 2018

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

I am from africa.... but don't live there right now' Live in the carribeans (another forgotten place btw)

and yes, africa does tend to be overlooked or forgotten.

The worst part of it is, i would wager that over 10/20% of what we typically refer to as NA or UK/EU sales are actually African sales. That's because most countries in africa all buy their consoles from either one of those three regions.

like take the site jumia.comng (one of nigeria's "amazon" equivalents. All the PS4s sold there come from the UK. Actually scratch that All the consoles and games there come from one of the aforementioned 3 regions 

Depends on what Caribbean islands you're talking about though.

OTBWY said:
You. Yes you. The one reading this. Don't do it. The joke you're about to make is not worth a ban.

I've done what I can. May God have mercy on your soul.

I thought it, but didnt post it. You saved my life. I am eternally grateful 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Nem said:
I don't think the internet is widespread in Africa. I have seen south Africans, but not much else.

Mobile Internet is 

Yes Mobile Internet is widespread in most countries, The speeds not the greatest though outside of cities

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
OTBWY said:
You. Yes you. The one reading this. Don't do it. The joke you're about to make is not worth a ban.

I've done what I can. May God have mercy on your soul.

I thought it, but didnt post it. You saved my life. I am eternally grateful 

Whats the joke lol

Nem said:
Intrinsic said:

sad......

I don't think many realize how big africa is.

What is sad is your post. What is that even supposed to mean?

What does that matter how big it is? It's wether the countries have coverage and wether their access is restricted. Wich, is the case for the vast majority. To have coverage it involves investment, for there to be investment there has to be a safe business environment. Size is not relevant aslong as the market it there. It starts from the biggest population concentrations and that's where the majority is. If they were in, we could spot them more easily.

There are enough gamers in Africa to dwarf those in Germany and I've seen lots of Germans. Thing is, most Africans have a closed internet community like Russia, so you won't see a lot here... 

I live in De Nile. There are many of us here. :)

Lube Me Up

Mystro-Sama said:
Intrinsic said:

I am from africa.... but don't live there right now' Live in the carribeans (another forgotten place btw)

and yes, africa does tend to be overlooked or forgotten.

The worst part of it is, i would wager that over 10/20% of what we typically refer to as NA or UK/EU sales are actually African sales. That's because most countries in africa all buy their consoles from either one of those three regions.

like take the site jumia.comng (one of nigeria's "amazon" equivalents. All the PS4s sold there come from the UK. Actually scratch that All the consoles and games there come from one of the aforementioned 3 regions 

Depends on what Caribbean islands you're talking about though.

yup.... as i said. Sad.

Take Nigeria for instance. Mobile phone subscriptions (with internet) is more than the population of the entire untied kingdom. Multiplied by two. There is coverage in most of west africa, as with the south the only real trouble spots in africa is in some of eastern africa and the middle belt. And those don't even make a quarter of africa. 

I'll keep waiting here.