By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How many of you live in Africa?

So this thread made me look up the video for the song Africa by Toto. Fantastic song, extremely cringe-worthy video. The band looks like such a collection of dweebs that it feels like a parody. I found it entertaining.

Around the Network

I'll be living there when I retire. If the thread is still up at that point I might be your first member living in Africa. I hope the Internet is steady and at a decent speed by then in East Africa.

Fei-Hung said:
I'll be living there when I retire. If the thread is still up at that point I might be your first member living in Africa. I hope the Internet is steady and at a decent speed by then in East Africa.

It's good enough in Southern East Africa and Egypt, but not great otherwise... Also, Australian latency... 

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
I live in De Nile. There are many of us here. :)

More like De Niro... 

Also, people have this conception of Africa as a backwards region of the world where people dress in drapes and hunt with sticks to live. Apparently, the idea that Africa is as diverse as Asia and roughly as developed does not fly in many people's heads, which I find ridiculous... 

Apparently the idea of an Algerian friend of mine having the best internet I've seen is fake news. I'll be sure to tell him he's lying to his face on my next visit XD

I'm of Zambian descent and go there for a few months each year.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:

Have you ever seen wild lion or elephant ?

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Wyrdness said:

Only in the safari parks.

Wyrdness said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Only in the safari parks.

That totally counts. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I found out that English is official language in Zambia.
Wikipedia taught me.

AsGryffynn said:
Nem said:

What is sad is your post. What is that even supposed to mean?

What does that matter how big it is? It's wether the countries have coverage and wether their access is restricted. Wich, is the case for the vast majority. To have coverage it involves investment, for there to be investment there has to be a safe business environment. Size is not relevant aslong as the market it there. It starts from the biggest population concentrations and that's where the majority is. If they were in, we could spot them more easily.

There are enough gamers in Africa to dwarf those in Germany and I've seen lots of Germans. Thing is, most Africans have a closed internet community like Russia, so you won't see a lot here... 

Not to he funny, but theres alot of Russians around. This forum has Russians, WoW is filled with them despite the cyrillian (cyrilic? whatever that spelling of theirs is called), just like many online games. Nothing alike.

The barrier in African countries is also education, i'm guessing many of them don't speak english, wich would be why they tend to form closed off bubbles.