By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Next announcement for Nintendo Switch Online will be worth the wait

Munchies said:
I can't even imagine what it is if Nintendo is hyping it themselves.

That's not a good thing to say after they  literally sent out pictures of characters on "fire" for an entire direct that was nothing but ports ; P 

Around the Network

I dunno about that. I'd expect that to be all the basic apps, like Netflix, Crunchyroll, Virtual Console, and a game like Smash Bros to go with its launch. I dunno if they can deliver all that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's probably an announcement of new features they have planned using Animal Crossing to showcase them.

The answer is.. amiibos. Instead of buying a digital subscription you will scan an Amiibo.

You have the 1 month Amiibo. The 3 month Amiibo. The 6 month Amiibo. And the 12 moth Amiibo.
One time use each.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)
TruckOSaurus said:
A virtual console with all the titles from the Wii and Wii U era would be worth the wait. Maybe I'm asking for too much...

Wii U games are getting ported and sold for 60$, so probably no

Around the Network

Next announcement - "We're going to make it not suck."

I mean, it has to be Virtual Console, right?... RIGHT?

G O O D B O I

pokoko said:
Worth the wait for customers?

Or for investors?

This was from their financial meeting with investors right?

Hopefully both but he's clearly refering to investor advantage here. 

weill they tell us we can buy SMB on VC for the 1000th time

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Bandorr said:
The answer is.. amiibos. Instead of buying a digital subscription you will scan an Amiibo.

You have the 1 month Amiibo. The 3 month Amiibo. The 6 month Amiibo. And the 12 moth Amiibo.
One time use each.

"Nuh-uhhhh. They aren't worse than microtransactions!"