By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Next announcement for Nintendo Switch Online will be worth the wait

LuccaCardoso1 said:

See? Much better!

It's just a joke. Kind of. The point is that Nintendo tooting their own horn over nothing isn't unprecedented. Cranky Kong?

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

See? Much better!

It's just a joke. Kind of. The point is that Nintendo tooting their own horn over nothing isn't unprecedented. Cranky Kong?

Yeah, I know hahahahahaha

I'm sure nothing they can say will please everyone, but the fact that they're saying that they have something to reveal already shows that it's going to have something beyond just online play, eShop discounts and free old games.

B O I

LuccaCardoso1 said:

I'm sure nothing they can say will please everyone, but the fact that they're saying that they have something to reveal already shows that it's going to have something beyond just online play, eShop discounts and free old games.

Ehhh... I don't know ... I wouldn't go that far ... 

If they announce all three of those things at the same time, they might actually succumb to their own hype and think it's a big announcement. Especially since the price is only 20$ (for a whole year???) I believe. Depending on the quality of the discounts you might even save money. So maybe they genuinely think announcing all three things at once will be enough. 

But yeah. I think it's more likely we'll see them announce something big. I'm just poking fun at the idea that Nintendo could never hype up something themselves misleadingly. 

The important thing for me is the price and they did get that right.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Ehhh... I don't know ... I wouldn't go that far ... 

If they announce all three of those things at the same time, they might actually succumb to their own hype and think it's a big announcement. Especially since the price is only 20$ (for a whole year???) I believe. Depending on the quality of the discounts you might even save money. So maybe they genuinely think announcing all three things at once will be enough. 

But yeah. I think it's more likely we'll see them announce something big. I'm just poking fun at the idea that Nintendo could never hype up something themselves misleadingly. 

But those things were already announced. They are in the website.

B O I

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Yeah I know they were "announced" but say if the discounts were really good and the old games offered were really good maybe they'd make it into it's own kind of announcement. But like I said, unlikely. More likely : Some kind of big game to push online. Maybe even Smash.

I love Nintendo, and they totally have surprised people with amazingly great stuff in the past. They have also amazed people with how disappointing their stuff can be too. It could go either way, but I am getting a strong, "You are going to be disappointed", vibe from this online service. Online has never been a strong point for Nintendo.

Nothing will make it appealing to me if it costs money. They could basically give away another Switch as a gift for signing up and I still wouldn't care. I'm done paying for the privilege of playing online. That goes for Xbox and PS4 as well.

For just 20$ a year I'll accept anything

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

They will definatly start charging online with launch at least one big online game, so we most likly talking about Smash Bros, but its also posible in combination with some 3rd party big online game, maybe GTAV, Overwatch, or Hearthstone or something else. They will also have ready some services and features, and probably Virtual Console.