By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

I'm trying to think of something witty but really this just getting sad at this stage.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
habam said:

See post above. Try vr for yourself and you’ll see vr motion controls has nothing to do with the Wii. Only people that never used vr compare the both technologies. It’s vastly different

Again. I have tried VR plenty. It really, really isn't much different at all.

Again, I have move controllers (thanks Wonderbook). Tell me how the move controllers that I can use in move enabled non-VR games somehow work differently in VR.

If you think so you obviously hadn’t tried it.

i already explained the differences, read the other post 

habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Really? Because those games seem like they would be perfectly playable with motion contolls alone, the VR part doesn't really do much for them.

Have u used vr with tracked motion controls yet ?

if yes, do you know the difference between Wii like screen based motion controls and VR 1:1 tracked motion controls ?

wii motion controls just replace button presses with motion triggers. Certain motion triggers a animation, just like a button would do. 

vr tracks 1:1. it’s vastly different. There is no scripted animations and no triggers, it’s just true motion like in reality. You can’t really use 1:1 tracked controls on a screen because your out of person and it has no depth. 

Wii motion + incorporates 1:1 tracked motion controls, and was fully utilized in many first party Wii games. Have you even used a Wii?

Darwinianevolution said:
habam said:

if yes, do you know the difference between Wii like screen based motion controls and VR 1:1 tracked motion controls ?

wii motion controls just replace button presses with motion triggers. Certain motion triggers a animation, just like a button would do. 

vr tracks 1:1. it’s vastly different. You can’t really use 1:1 tracked controls on a screen because your out of person and it has no depth. 

There are many kinds of motion controls around, not just the Wii. The Move, motion capture like the Kineckt, Joycons, regular gyroscopic controls, whatever the Razer Hydra does... However, none of this formsof imput really need the VR setup to function, they are independent. VR needs motion controls to survive, not the other way around.

Yes, and all those controls work the same and are vastly different from motion controls in vr. Even using the tracked moves on a screen is vastl different from using them in VR. On a screen it just is another option to control a game, in vr it puts your hands in the game, 1:1.

habam said:
Baddman said:
I don't like wearing things on my face not even glasses, shades or hats..why would i put something on that looks like it weighs even more

So you havnt tried it yet, thanks for sharing your expierence 

...you got serious issues bro

Around the Network
habam said:
potato_hamster said:

Again. I have tried VR plenty. It really, really isn't much different at all.

Again, I have move controllers (thanks Wonderbook). Tell me how the move controllers that I can use in move enabled non-VR games somehow work differently in VR.

If you think so you obviously hadn’t tried it.

i already explained the differences, read the other post 

So my playstation move controllers that use the Playstation Camera  take on magical properties when incorporated with the PSVR headset? Even though they're the same controllers and using the same camera?

Prove it.

potato_hamster said:
habam said:

vr tracks 1:1. it’s vastly different. There is no scripted animations and no triggers, it’s just true motion like in reality. You can’t really use 1:1 tracked controls on a screen because your out of person and it has no depth. 

Wii motion + incorporates 1:1 tracked motion controls, and was fully utilized in many first party Wii games. Have you even used a Wii?

1. sure I had one

2. Try vr to yourself to see the difference if words don’t do it for you. The Wii didn’t had 1-1 tracking.

in 1:1 tracking I can drop my controller on the Floor and he will also be dropped to the floor + Fall exactly the same in the game. Tell me 1 Wii game that has that function (spoiler alert: it doesn’t exist scince motion controls on a screen are just buttton presses made with motion)

habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:

There are many kinds of motion controls around, not just the Wii. The Move, motion capture like the Kineckt, Joycons, regular gyroscopic controls, whatever the Razer Hydra does... However, none of this formsof imput really need the VR setup to function, they are independent. VR needs motion controls to survive, not the other way around.

Yes, and all those controls work the same and are vastly different from motion controls in vr. Even using the tracked moves on a screen is vastl different from using them in VR. On a screen it just is another option to control a game, in vr it puts your hands in the game, 1:1.

So you don't understand how motion controls work then.

habam said:
potato_hamster said:

1. sure I had one

2. Try vr to yourself to see the difference if words don’t do it for you. The Wii didn’t had 1-1 tracking.

in 1:1 tracking I can drop my controller on the Floor and he will also be dropped to the floor + Fall exactly the same in the game. Tell me 1 Wii game that has that function (spoiler alert: it doesn’t exist scince motion controls on a screen are just buttton presses made with motion)

The Wii Motion Plus absolutely has 1:1 tracking. This is an objective fact.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/wii-motionplus-full-instant-1-1-tracking-438974

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 07 February 2018

habam said:

It’s like playing n64 after playing SNES. Jump from 16bit 2D graphics to full polygon based 3D worlds, even with inferior graphics (because 3D polygons takes more resources then 2d sprites)

That's an apt comparison. SNES type games still hold up to the point of flooding the market with "pixel indies", while many early polygon games look like crap. So it's obvious that some would prefer the higher graphical quality of non-VR games compared to current VR.