By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

flashfire926 said:
VR is a worthless gimmick like 3D, and I hope it follows the fate of 3D.

This guy gets it

Around the Network
habam said:
DeusXmachina said:
You know, instead of complaining about his threads you can just stop posting in them and he will eventually go away and troll some other forum.

You are to smart for this forum, maybe you should go and look for another one ? :D

Well there we have it, you just admitted that you're trolling.

The reasons are many and simple, it boils down to people having different preferences, here are a few reasons to avoid VR:

-the games available don't interest
-physically uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time
-motion sickness
-image quality or controls aren't good enough
-it just requires more effort to play and maintain, the most popular forms of gaming require much less effort or maintenance
-cost
-some people have tried it and been put off by initial impressions, it seems like an awkward gimmick

I have owned a VR headset for nearly 16 months, enjoy it and think VR in conjunction with AR will be massive in the future, maybe almost completely replacing 2D screens but it certainly has problems and barriers to entry right now. Any of the reasons I gave obviously didn't prevent my purchase but they all either applied at one time to me or still do. Of all the ways I play games, console, PC, handheld, mobile and VR, it's VR that gets the least of my time despite actually enjoying a lot of VR titles.

I've demoed VR for some friends and for anyone less enthusiastic about the tech it just doesn't seem worth buying, in one case it actually convinced someone who was interested to firmly decide they didn't want VR. The tech has some way to go yet before it can shift hundreds of millions and compete with established forms of gaming.

Seriously habam...you're doing our whole cause a disservice and even make me, a glowing VR fan, annoyed by your childish and fanatic threads. Keep doing that and the inevitable will happen, just like it did to your other account.

Darwinianevolution said:
How many genres can really use VR? At least for me, there's nothing VR can offer than regular gaming can't. Even motion controlls has its points here and there, VR has yet to prove it's not just trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'd strongly disagree on that, but that's your opinon. VR ups even conventional games to a whole other level. 

A game like Skyrim, RE7, Dirt Rally or Ultrawings is a whole different ball park after it moved to VR.

Not even talking about the social component in games like Star Trek Bridge Crew or stull like REC:Room or VR Chat.

Around the Network
Errorist76 said:
Darwinianevolution said:
How many genres can really use VR? At least for me, there's nothing VR can offer than regular gaming can't. Even motion controlls has its points here and there, VR has yet to prove it's not just trying to reinvent the wheel.

I'd strongly disagree on that, but that's your opinon. VR ups even conventional games to a whole other level. 

A game like Skyrim, RE7, Dirt Rally or Ultrawings is a whole different ball park after it moved to VR.

Not even talking about the social component in games like Star Trek Bridge Crew or stull like REC:Room or VR Chat.

What I meant by that is that, for most games, the VR portion of the mix doesn't really add that much. The thing is, I only consider the VR Googles as the pure part of VR, the motion controls are just extras and can be used without the need of the googles. The ability to be aware of all of your surroundings and to see your own body in the game in first person is not that big of an incentive for me.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

"havnt tried it yet: 22 people"

I haven't see nearly enough that quantity of people in this thread saying they never played,I saw a bunch saying they did played but didn't liked and you assuming they didn't played. By the way,where is that option on the pool? The "I just dislike that tech"?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Chazore said:
Zkuq said:
This is a horribly flawed and biased poll.

It's what I've come to expect from the OP.

He presents information and skewed data to put VR ahead of everything else and very much in his favor. 

He doesn't understand why people dislike VR, so he chalks it up to hate, lies and not being able to afford the headsets, which he also easily chalks up to "missing out". How can one miss out on something they were never interested in?. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm expecting too.

Price is really the biggest issue at the moment

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]