By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

habam said:
kirby007 said:
Im not sold bc the tech is still in babyshoes and software aint better
Its like playing n64 after playing ps4 outdated and just a gimmick

It’s like playing n64 after playing SNES. Jump from 16bit 2D graphics to full polygon based 3D worlds, even with inferior graphics (because 3D polygons takes more resources then 2d sprites)

Many people still consider the SNES a vastly better gaming console and experience than the N64.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
habam said:

1. sure I had one

2. Try vr to yourself to see the difference if words don’t do it for you. The Wii didn’t had 1-1 tracking.

in 1:1 tracking I can drop my controller on the Floor and he will also be dropped to the floor + Fall exactly the same in the game. Tell me 1 Wii game that has that function (spoiler alert: it doesn’t exist scince motion controls on a screen are just buttton presses made with motion)

The Wii Motion Plus absolutely has 1:1 tracking. This is an objective fact.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/wii-motionplus-full-instant-1-1-tracking-438974

Link me a video to a Wii motion plus game where you could put the controller on the floor and t would actually be on the floor in the game. The motion plus didn’t had any 1:1 tracking because it wasn’t tracked at all. 

Or link me a video where you could throw the wiimote on the air and it would be tracked 1:1 in the game (also be thrown in the air) (like you would watch it in a mirror)

Last edited by habam - on 07 February 2018

I'm a social guy so I have family, friends, parties often so that doesn't fly with a lot of my gaming style. I love me a good campaign game but I also love me some coop/local multiplayer games.

To me, VR, handhelds, and PC gaming = being an isolated gamer.

Also I'm the main gamer in my social circle so I dont expect others to like buy/bring their own laptop or handheld gaming systems to play as well. We just like having it all on one big screen that we all can share and enjoy.

So in summary, VR doesn't suit my gaming needs. :P

This is getting ridiculous. Is it so hard to understand that people have different preferences? There are a number of reasons beside "not having tried it" or "can't afford it" to not want it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have both tried it and can afford it that choose not to play with it, me for example.

You should really stop feigning ignorance in that matter because you're insulting people and their intelligence.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
This is getting ridiculous. Is it so hard to understand that people have different preferences? There are a number of reasons beside "not having tried it" or "can't afford it" to not want it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who have both tried it and can afford it that choose not to play with it, me for example.

You should really stop feigning ignorance in that matter because you're insulting people and their intelligence.

Sure, the people that got sick from using it

Around the Network

Love VR but there are valid reasons to keep playing on a TV.

- Not dealing with cumbersome wires all around you
- Much better resolution and image quality
- Not many AAA VR experiences
- Isolating experience for people who enjoy gaming around friends or other loved ones.

Of course any rational person can understand they are 2 great experiences and 1 doesn't have to replace the other to be successful. We can enjoy both gaming in VR as well as non VR can't we?

setsunatenshi said:

- Isolating experience for people who enjoy gaming around friends or other loved ones.

Of course any rational person can understand they are 2 great experiences and 1 doesn't have to replace the other to be successful. We can enjoy both gaming in VR as well as non VR can't we?

Hm i don’t know, after VR with no motion sickness it’s hard to go back.

have you played farpoint ? With aim controller? And still enjoy call of duty with a DualShock as well? 

Hiku said:

How many more ways are there for you to ask the same question? Have you not gotten enough feedback from your previous topics?

I've already explained my position thoroughly before. But to summarize, I'd like to use VR for some games. For most others, the tradeoff over convenience isn't enough. There can also be inherent problems with VR mode in certain games. And some people like to use monitors with the least amount of lag, etc.

1. i don’t make the same threads over an over again, it’s often about vr but always with different questions

2. i just make many thread about vr. What’s the problem ? Other people make many threads about Nintendo, Sony and whatever else 

habam said:
setsunatenshi said:

Hm i don’t know, after VR with no motion sickness it’s hard to go back.

have you played farpoint ? With aim controller? And still enjoy call of duty with a DualShock as well? 

How long do you last? Me and my friends had splitscreen sessions that lasted 6+ hours

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

habam said:
vivster said:

Sure, the people that got sick from using it

I said numerous and you know that. Your pitiful attempts at trolling make me sicker than VR ever could.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.