By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

jigokutamago said:
Does VR add anything to games that are not first person?

Yes, look at games like Theseus, bound, Luckys tale, moss, dino frontier

Around the Network
habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:

What kind of gaming genre is not possible on a screen? Because I'm pretty sure every videogame ever invented has needed the aid of some sort of screen to function (maybe 1-2 Switch doesn't)?

Job similator

i expect you to die

everything where you need 3D hand motion isn’t really possible to control accurately on a screen 

Really? Because those games seem like they would be perfectly playable with motion contolls alone, the VR part doesn't really do much for them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:

What kind of gaming genre is not possible on a screen? Because I'm pretty sure every videogame ever invented has needed the aid of some sort of screen to function (maybe 1-2 Switch doesn't)?

Job similator

i expect you to die

everything where you need 3D hand motion isn’t really possible to control accurately on a screen 

Today I learned the Wii was a figment of my imagination.

habam said:
jigokutamago said:
Does VR add anything to games that are not first person?

Yes, look at games like Theseus, bound, Luckys tale, moss, dino frontier

You could have just said "not really".

Darwinianevolution said:
habam said:

Job similator

i expect you to die

Really? Because those games seem like they would be perfectly playable with motion contolls alone, the VR part doesn't really do much for them.

Have u used vr with tracked motion controls yet ?

if yes, do you know the difference between Wii like screen based motion controls and VR 1:1 tracked motion controls ?

wii motion controls just replace button presses with motion triggers. Certain motion triggers a animation, just like a button would do. 

vr tracks 1:1. it’s vastly different. There is no scripted animations and no triggers, it’s just true motion like in reality. You can’t really use 1:1 tracked controls on a screen because your out of person and it has no depth. 

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
habam said:

Job similator

i expect you to die

See post above. Try vr for yourself and you’ll see vr motion controls has nothing to do with the Wii. Only people that never used vr compare the both technologies. It’s vastly different

Im not sold bc the tech is still in babyshoes and software aint better
Its like playing n64 after playing ps4 outdated and just a gimmick

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

habam said:
potato_hamster said:

See post above. Try vr for yourself and you’ll see vr motion controls has nothing to do with the Wii. Only people that never used vr compare the both technologies. It’s vastly different

Again. I have tried VR plenty. It really, really isn't much different at all.

Again, I have move controllers (thanks Wonderbook). Tell me how the move controllers that I can use in move enabled non-VR games somehow work differently in VR.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 07 February 2018

kirby007 said:
Im not sold bc the tech is still in babyshoes and software aint better
Its like playing n64 after playing ps4 outdated and just a gimmick

It’s like playing n64 after playing SNES. Jump from 16bit 2D graphics to full polygon based 3D worlds, even with inferior graphics (because 3D polygons takes more resources then 2d sprites)

habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Have u used vr with tracked motion controls yet ?

if yes, do you know the difference between Wii like screen based motion controls and VR 1:1 tracked motion controls ?

wii motion controls just replace button presses with motion triggers. Certain motion triggers a animation, just like a button would do. 

vr tracks 1:1. it’s vastly different. You can’t really use 1:1 tracked controls on a screen because your out of person and it has no depth. 

There are many kinds of motion controls around, not just the Wii. The Move, motion capture like the Kineckt, Joycons, regular gyroscopic controls, whatever the Razer Hydra does... However, none of this formsof imput really need the VR setup to function, they are independent. VR needs motion controls to survive, not the other way around.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.