By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do you think there are still people that play games „just“ on a screen and not in vr ?

Ka-pi96 said:
Because they like screens and think vr is shit.

So you havnt tried it, alright. Thanks for sharing 

Around the Network
Darashiva said:
Because VR, as it is now, is a far inferior way to play most games out there. Simple as that.

what vr devices and what games have you tried that were inferior in your opinion ? Why do you think they were inferior ? What made them better in a screen ? What did you thought was better in vr ?

habam said:
Darwinianevolution said:
How many genres can really use VR? At least for me, there's nothing VR can offer than regular gaming can't. Even motion controlls has its points here and there, VR has yet to prove it's not just trying to reinvent the wheel.

Almost all genres, maybe even all + genres not possible on a screen 

What kind of gaming genre is not possible on a screen? Because I'm pretty sure every videogame ever invented has needed the aid of some sort of screen to function (maybe 1-2 Switch doesn't)?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Does VR add anything to games that are not first person?

Becuase VR is expensive??

Around the Network
irstupid said:

This the same guy who keeps making VR thread after VR thread about it being the greatest thing since sliced bread  toilet paper?

edit: If it is, I'm almost of the mind of Xen right now. Even if I wanted or could get VR, your incessant promoting/marketing of it is really turning me off it.

Corrected.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Uganda Knuckles is reason enough to hate VR

i can not afford a VR headset and i do now have a PC powerful enough to even use one. on the other hand i have an HD TV that can i can use to play every other game ever made. VR is still a small market and there is nothing that makes me feel obligated to buy a headset yet

I can afford multiple VR headsets. I have a computer that can run anything a VR headset can ask of it, and a PS4 pro. I don't have an issue with motion sickness, and I have spent hours and hours trying and using VR headsets, and have played the best of what home VR has to offer to date.

I still prefer gaming on a TV. Where's my option for that?

These threads are getting ridiculous. VR isn't even popular, and there's a good chance that a lower percentage of PS4 owners will own PSVR headsets at the end of 2018 than at the end of 2017 meaning it won't even be keeping up with the growth of PS4 sales.

Last edited by potato_hamster - on 07 February 2018

Darwinianevolution said:
habam said:

Almost all genres, maybe even all + genres not possible on a screen 

What kind of gaming genre is not possible on a screen? Because I'm pretty sure every videogame ever invented has needed the aid of some sort of screen to function (maybe 1-2 Switch doesn't)?

Job similator

i expect you to die

everything where you need 3D hand motion isn’t really possible to control accurately on a screen