By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Hypothetical: Nintendo 10 Year Plan 2017-2027

Ports alone will not maintain their momentum to mid 2019. I need something to play I can't wait a year and a half for new content. TBH if it comes from 3rd parties i will be happy too. Just want something new.

Around the Network

Double

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

People keep forgetting the Switch platform is scalable. The only reason they would do that is if they planned to make iterative upgrades. Also, just like the Wii and Wii U, it’s highly unlikely that Nintendo will ever release a Switch that lacks the core hybrid functionality.

OH GOSH!

Switch!!!

I'm down with what the OP is saying in a very general way (i.e. the specific details may play out somewhat differently). The main thing I would disagree with is a 2025 date for the Switch's successor. I think it will likely be 2023. When Kimishima says they'll support the Switch for 10 years, that doesn't mean they'll have a later release date for Switch's successor. It means that they want to keep Switch going as a lower end system, so that they can still make money on it. Sony kept shipping PS2's out until 2013. That is more what Kimishima means. They want to keep supporting Switch just like Sony supported PS2. Besides, a company makes a lot higher profit margins on a console's tail end. All of the costs are lower.

Around the Network

Nintendo wont break the hybrid concept and sell only handheld or home consoles Switches.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Nintendo wont break the hybrid concept and sell only handheld or home consoles Switches.

Exactly.

People kept saying the same thing about Nintendo releasing a Wii without motion controls and a Wii U without a game pad. Nintendo won’t undermine the platform’s core concept.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I'm down with what the OP is saying in a very general way (i.e. the specific details may play out somewhat differently). The main thing I would disagree with is a 2025 date for the Switch's successor. I think it will likely be 2023. When Kimishima says they'll support the Switch for 10 years, that doesn't mean they'll have a later release date for Switch's successor. It means that they want to keep Switch going as a lower end system, so that they can still make money on it. Sony kept shipping PS2's out until 2013. That is more what Kimishima means. They want to keep supporting Switch just like Sony supported PS2. Besides, a company makes a lot higher profit margins on a console's tail end. All of the costs are lower.

Jackpot! Nintendo intends to keep selling the Switch even after mainstream support has ended for it regardless just like the 3DS ... 

Switch holding out for another 7 years with 4 core franchises left to play sounds about as realistic as both Sony/Microsoft not releasing a new successor within their advertised 10 year lifespan for their current platforms ... 

wonder if they're gonna use their patent of the supplemental device to boost power

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Some of those Switch models look unnecessary and redundant. Not to mention, would defeat the entire point of the Switch to begin with.