By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sell-through data for Nintendo Switch software: Odyssey 7.5m, MK8D 6.5m, BotW 6m, Splatoon 2 4.5m

potato_hamster said:
flashfire926 said:
so, that means: BOTW will the best selling zelda game ever. Odyssey will be the best selling 3D mario ever. MarioKart 8-D will outsell the original on WiiU, as well as Mariokart 7, the best-selling 3DS game. Splatoon 2 is gonna at least double splatoon 1 in sales, if not triple it. There is also a good chance smash and animal crossing have their bestselling title ever on switch. Pokemon could possibly cross 20 million for the first time since gold/silver. Safe to say Ninty is back in full force.

What basis do you have to claim that a Splatooon 2 going to sell twice what it did in its first six months?

Why won't it? Why wouldn't it continue the momentum it has?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
flashfire926 said:
so, that means: BOTW will the best selling zelda game ever. Odyssey will be the best selling 3D mario ever. MarioKart 8-D will outsell the original on WiiU, as well as Mariokart 7, the best-selling 3DS game. Splatoon 2 is gonna at least double splatoon 1 in sales, if not triple it. There is also a good chance smash and animal crossing have their bestselling title ever on switch. Pokemon could possibly cross 20 million for the first time since gold/silver. Safe to say Ninty is back in full force.

What basis do you have to claim that a Splatooon 2 going to sell twice what it did in its first six months?

Probably the basis that Switch has only been out for 10 months and that is only at a fraction of it's lifetime install base. Nintendo games especially the (top profile ones) share a trend of continuing to sell as more people buy systems even years after they released. I mean Mario Kart Wii is still on the top 100 amazon charts in the us till this day. Besides Splatoon 1 had long legs, why wouldn't Splatoon 2? Six months on it's still selling and it's getting new free DLC to this day.

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

BotW, 10-12 million, best selling Zelda

Splat2, 12-15 million, 3x the original

SMO, over 15 million, best selling 3D Mario

MK8D, 20-25 million, 2nd or 3rd best selling MK

Pokemon, over 20 million, best selling since 90s

Are you including Wii U sales in your 10-12 million for BotW? Just last week you said you were expecting Switch sales to be at 7 million by this point, but it's actually at 6. Yet it appears you've increased your lifetime projection to 12 million?

Seeing how it is at 6.8 million sold  with 6 millon sold through. He was not that far off. I think you are being way to defensive about this.

potato_hamster said:
zorg1000 said:

BotW, 10-12 million, best selling Zelda

Splat2, 12-15 million, 3x the original

SMO, over 15 million, best selling 3D Mario

MK8D, 20-25 million, 2nd or 3rd best selling MK

Pokemon, over 20 million, best selling since 90s

Are you including Wii U sales in your 10-12 million for BotW? Just last week you said you were expecting Switch sales to be at 7 million by this point, but it's actually at 6. Yet it appears you've increased your lifetime projection to 12 million?

Including Wii U.

And i said 7 million and it was 6.7 million, pretty damn close.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

Including Wii U.

And i said 7 million and it was 6.7 million, pretty damn close.

Cool. I didn't mean to appear defensive. I just wanted some clarification.

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
flashfire926 said:

Evergreen titles my friend. These games wont stop selling. At worse and i mean worse splat2 will sell 8mil lifetime. Japan alone will bump up ltd by at least 2mil more

potato_hamster said:
flashfire926 said:

Probably because it appears to be an evergreen title that will sell well throughout the life of the system.

Do you not think it will double its sales? If so, why?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Crazy how well these games are selling through. Attach rate is even better than I thought it would be for most of these.