By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocket League for Switch to get updated visual and performance boost

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

It's not the ceiling, but it is the ballpark. You're never going to be seeing high end PS4 titles running hugely better than that on Switch.

Of Course it's not ceiling, but saying that 1st year and 1st current gen port, and port that seems that don't have best optimisation, will be standard for future ports is totally wrong. There will be always good and bad ports, with less or more optimisation, but it's realistic to expect that later games will have much better optimisation than 1st year and 1st games.

Are you familiar with what the phrase "ballpark" means?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Of Course it's not ceiling, but saying that 1st year and 1st current gen port, and port that seems that don't have best optimisation, will be standard for future ports is totally wrong. There will be always good and bad ports, with less or more optimisation, but it's realistic to expect that later games will have much better optimisation than 1st year and 1st games.

Something like similar or close!?

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Exactly; there is room for improvement over Doom's performance on Switch, but not massive improvement. As a mobile SoC there are hard limits to what the Switch hardware is capable of when it comes to ports of demanding PS4 games.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Exactly; there is room for improvement over Doom's performance on Switch, but not massive improvement. As a mobile SoC there are hard limits to what the Switch hardware is capable of when it comes to ports of demanding PS4 games.

720p with more stable 30 frame rate and without frame rate pacing would be good enough improvement over current state of game on Switch, with more experience with hardware, time and better optimization, I think something like that would be very posible.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

720p with more stable 30 frame rate and without frame rate pacing would be good enough improvement over current state of game on Switch, with more experience with hardware, time and better optimization, I think something like that would be very posible.

Both framerate and resolution could be more stable with greater optimization, yes. It was the "locked" part that I think is a bridge too far, since both are unlocked even on much stronger hardware. All I am saying is, if it's high end PS4 ports we want, we're going to need to accept that the resolution and framerate will not be terribly flattering.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

depends on the game, doom was one of the most scalable engines, we do need to see more ports of high demanding games, but it seems only one company is willing to even try so far.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Both framerate and resolution could be more stable with greater optimization, yes. It was the "locked" part that I think is a bridge too far, since both are unlocked even on much stronger hardware. All I am saying is, if it's high end PS4 ports we want, we're going to need to accept that the resolution and framerate will not be terribly flattering.

Yeah, but for instance just remember how in 1st year XB1 3rd party games were mostly running at 720p-900p while now most XB1 games are running at 1080p on XB1 also, and there almost no single one 720p XB1 game any more. So thats my point, with time games can achieve noticeable more than they could in 1st year on same hardware.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, but for instance just remember how in 1st year XB1 3rd party games were mostly running at 720p-900p while now most XB1 games are running at 1080p on XB1 also, and there almost no single one 720p XB1 game any more. So thats my point, with time games can achieve noticeable more than they could in 1st year on same hardware.

most xb games of technically demanding games are 900p, some games were 720p which didn't make sense, because ps4  GPU is only 40% more powerful, developers had problems with esram as it was something they never worked on before.

Miyamotoo said:
curl-6 said:

Don't forget that a big part of the gains Xbone saw were because at launch it had a certain amount of processing power locked up by Kinect. Switch will see some improvement over time, but the gains won't be massive like they were on, say, PS3/360 because the hardware is more straightforward. And when it comes to high end PS4/Xbone games, the sheer power gap between those systems and Switch is always going to mean framerate/resolution will take a big hit.

curl-6 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Don't forget that a big part of the gains Xbone saw were because at launch it had a certain amount of processing power locked up by Kinect. Switch will see some improvement over time, but the gains won't be massive like they were on, say, PS3/360 because the hardware is more straightforward. And when it comes to high end PS4/Xbone games, the sheer power gap between those systems and Switch is always going to mean framerate/resolution will take a big hit.

Yeah, if I recall we talking about 5-10% procesing power. Yeah, I also dont expecting improvement will be massive like were with PS3/360 compared to 1st year and last year games, but I expecting noticible difrence compared to Switch 1st games. Offcourse that Switch games will have hit in resolution or maybe in frame rate also, compared to XB1 games,