By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rocket League for Switch to get updated visual and performance boost

• Switch Performance & Visual Quality Updates

• Performance Mode - 900p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 60 FPS with infrequent dynamic resolution scaling

• Quality Mode - Native 1080p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 30 FPS with added visual effects
  • http://nintendoeverything.com/psyonix-outlines-upcoming-plans-for-rocket-league-switch-graphical-modes-this-spring/

•  

I always thought like Doom and Rocket League are not best optimised Switch ports, and that people gave too much credit Panic Button for those ports, this somehow proves my point.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 31 January 2018

Around the Network

So increase from 720p to 900p docked, nice. Don't play in quality mode though, Rocket League would be terrible at 30fps.

Woah, what a great developer to keep supporting their game like that and continue to improve. 720p in handheld would look gorgeous.

Rocket League is not a game for me though, but I'm happy to see it sell well.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

I always thought like Doom and Rocket League are not best optimised Switch ports, and that people gave too much credit Panic Button for those ports, this somehow proves my point.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 31 January 2018

Miyamotoo said:

I always thought like Doom and Rocket League are not best optimised Switch ports, and that people gave too much credit Panic Button for those ports, this somehow proves I was right.

this, if I had to give a score to the Doom port I would give it 7/10, and i would give to the rocket league a 6/10, it give me feels that they were done by a capable team but with little time to be delivered (both rushed to be delivered in holiday season), i could see a doom in a native 720p and a more constantly 30fps with more time to be delivered.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
    Around the Network
    Shikamo said:
    Miyamotoo said:

I always thought like Doom and Rocket League are not best optimised Switch ports, and that people gave too much credit Panic Button for those ports, this somehow proves I was right.

this, if I had to give a score to the Doom port I would give it 7/10, and i would give to the rocket league a 6/10, it give me feels that they were done by a capable team but with little time to be delivered (both rushed to be delivered in holiday season), i could see a doom in a native 720p and a more constantly 30fps with more time to be delivered.

This is what makes me curious about the Wolfenstein 2 Switch port being handled by them, because depending on if they were given much longer to develop/port that over DOOM and Rocket League maybe it will be a much better port than the others considering they can learn more about the hardware and what it's capable of/how to get more out of it as with any other console. But if they are only given the same amount of time then i'm guessing it will be something similar to DOOM and Rocket League. 

FloatingWaffles said:
    Shikamo said:

This is what makes me curious about the Wolfenstein 2 Switch port being handled by them, because depending on if they were given much longer to develop/port that over DOOM and Rocket League maybe it will be a much better port than the others considering they can learn more about the hardware and what it's capable of/how to get more out of it as with any other console. But if they are only given the same amount of time then i'm guessing it will be something similar to DOOM and Rocket League. 

Yeah i agree with you, I would love a update for doom in the future focused on stabilizing performance, but for that the game needs to sells more, and I would like to see a fallout 4 or a Fallout Collection (3+New Vegas) for switch made by iron galaxy, they did a Excelent job with skyrim.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

This is unexpected, and very nice news; for this game and possibly(?) others in the future.  I've been thinking of dl this on the recommendation of friends, anyways.  I'm just not certain that this type of game will keep me interested in the long term, especially because I don't have internet or an unlimited data plan.  The bump in resolution is a nice fix indeed, although I wouldn't even mind the 30fps version, as long as it is locked rock solid.

In that vein of thought of possible similar future updates for other games, DOOM comes to mind.  I honestly have zero complaints with DOOM after playing through it on Hurt me plenty mode.  I thought it played and looked great in docked mode.  The game is too frenetic to really take time to notice any shortcomings graphically anyways.  I only experienced a framerate drop twice during the whole play through, and it was so brief that it didn't bother me in the least.  That said, any future update to fix frame pacing or to do reso tweaks would be welcome if it was worth the devs while to do so.  Either way, I'm certainly not disappointed with my experience.  It's simply just too fun.

It's nice just to see this type of thing as being a possibility.

Shikamo said:
    Miyamotoo said:

This. IMO its mostly the publishers fault, not Panic Button's that the ports arent quite 10/10.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Shikamo said:
    Miyamotoo said:

Yeah, nothing relly show us that Switch couldnt run Doom at native 720p at 30FPS in docked mode or Rocket League at 900p, I think for istance DF more praised Doom port because we have Doom in full handheld mode, but personaly from start for me they didnt (Rocket League also) looked like best done ports.