By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - My dear divided America.

Flilix said:
It would help if there were more than two parties. Now it's just the left side versus the right side. With more parties, the political climate would be more nuanced.

It's even worse than that, it's essentially two parties that aren't really that different from each other.

Around the Network
Ck1x said:
Aeolus451 said:

Sorry to burst your bubble. He's not a racist either. He hasn't acted iin a racist way or made any political moves that suggest that he is. That just a classic attempt at dehumanizing your opponent to make it easier to rationalize certain behavior and so you don't have to argue against his policies. If he was a racist, he's doing a shit job at it by lowering black unemployment to record lows and actually trying to move the US embassy to Jerusalem. Yeah. what a racist. 

We have nothing else to talk about because clearly what spews out of this mans mouth goes through a rose tinted filter when it hits your ears. If you don't have any minority friends then find some and ask them if this man in the white house truly represents every American. I pay taxes just like the next man but this has nothing to do with opponents this or that, unemployment should just be that unemployment. This was already falling under the Obama administration just as the economy was climbing as well. People like to forget that Bush screwed up the country and it recovered under the Obama administration not Trump!

I'm mixed with Japanese, Cherokee, Irish and Swedish so stow the minority rhetoric please. Obama can't take credit for the economy of today. Companies and experts say that most of this is the result of Trump being pro-business from the start which helps out everyone. The tax cuts are just the icing on the cake. Trump has done more for black people in one year than Obama did in 8 and Trump didn't ask for any votes either.

VGPolyglot said:
Flilix said:
It would help if there were more than two parties. Now it's just the left side versus the right side. With more parties, the political climate would be more nuanced.

It's even worse than that, it's essentially two parties that aren't really that different from each other.

That's such a trot out idea it's frankly quaint: The Democrats may not be as far left as they should be but the Republicans are hardly identical to them. The only people who say the parties are basically the same is trying to rationalize things that cannot be rationalized. You might as well be rationalizing that Pokemon and Uncharted are the same. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's such a trot out idea it's frankly quaint: The Democrats may not be as far left as they should be but the Republicans are hardly identical to them. The only people who say the parties are basically the same is trying to rationalize things that cannot be rationalized. You might as well be rationalizing that Pokemon and Uncharted are the same. 

Oh yeah? Who supports maintaining war? Both parties. Who supports spying on the population? Both parties. Who is represented in the parliament by rich people? Both parties. Who uses patriotism and nationalism to spur up propaganda? Both parties. Who maintains the capitalist system? Both parties.

Aeolus451 said:
Ck1x said:

We have nothing else to talk about because clearly what spews out of this mans mouth goes through a rose tinted filter when it hits your ears. If you don't have any minority friends then find some and ask them if this man in the white house truly represents every American. I pay taxes just like the next man but this has nothing to do with opponents this or that, unemployment should just be that unemployment. This was already falling under the Obama administration just as the economy was climbing as well. People like to forget that Bush screwed up the country and it recovered under the Obama administration not Trump!

I'm mixed with Japanese, Cherokee, Irish and Swedish so stow the minority rhetoric please. Obama can't take credit for the economy of today. Companies and experts say that most of this is the result of Trump being pro-business from the start which helps out everyone. The tax cuts are just the icing on the cake. Trump has done more for black people in one year than Obama did in 8 and Trump didn't ask for any votes either.

You should definitely stop while you are claiming things that just isn't true! I know alternative facts are a thing for his supporters but damn... I just wish people did their own research and stop believing everything that comes out of a person's mouth because it suits you. That's why I said go find some black people and ask them if they are the recipient's of all of this change he so called brought to a whole race of people in America 

Around the Network

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/aclu-complains-trump-said-america-more-80-times-his-speech-its-exclusionary

Republicans are good at dividing and resorting to whataboutism when it come to having debates. I mean they even came up with alternative facts. Of course not all Republicans in the senate and the house is like that, but most of them would rather vote for their party instead of voting for their country. I mean they have no problem with an accused molester running for Senate because it'll just add more power to their party. Thankfully he lost, but a good number of republicans still voted for him which is quite disturbing.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
R I mean they have no problem with an accused molester

VGPolyglot said:
KrspaceT said:

Oh yeah? Who supports maintaining war? Both parties. Who supports spying on the population? Both parties. Who is represented in the parliament by rich people? Both parties. Who uses patriotism and nationalism to spur up propaganda? Both parties. Who maintains the capitalist system? Both parties.

What party wants to protect the enviornment: Democrats

What party hates enviornmental protections and regulations: Republicans

What party wants to ensure civil protections for minorities: Democrats

What party wants to roll back civil protections: Republicans

What party wants to minimize war actions: Democrats

What party wants to keep and expand war: Republicans

What party wants to look into renewable energy: Democrats

What party wants to keep pretending coal is a thing: Republicans

What party works to minimize the gender inequality in workplace: Democrats

What party pretends that man-woman pay gap isn't a thing: Republicans

What party wants to move relations forward with Cuba and Iran: Democrats

What party wants war with the two: Republicans

What party wants to maintain voting rights and ease: Democrats

What party has an obsession with controlling and limiting votes: Republicans

What party wants to keep education educational: Democrats

What party wants to teach the world was made in seven days: Republicans

What party wants to look at immigration issues case by case: Democrats

What party does not: Republicans

What party wants to work on the shooting epidemic: Democrats

What party thinks more guns and prayer will make it go away: Republicans

........Need I say more?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Ck1x said:
Aeolus451 said:

You should definitely stop while you are claiming things that just isn't true! I know alternative facts are a thing for his supporters but damn... I just wish people did their own research and stop believing everything that comes out of a person's mouth because it suits you. That's why I said go find some black people and ask them if they are the recipient's of all of this change he so called brought to a whole race of people in America 

Not alt facts, actual facts. Doing research involves more than walking down the street to talk to a few black people. There's less unemployed black people and they keep more of the money they earn. 😹