By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

vivster said:
Valdath said:
Ships in 2 to 4 weeks on Amazon right now.

Fuck, i should have pre ordered it :/

If only there was some way to be able to transfer games over the internet.

Not a fan of buying air.

Around the Network
Valdath said:
vivster said:

Not a fan of buying air.

digits

Valdath said:
vivster said:

Not a fan of buying air.

You prefer air wrapped in plastic?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I think it's safe to assume that Monster Hunter will be a home console thing now.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

vivster said:
Valdath said:

Not a fan of buying air.

You prefer air wrapped in plastic?

air wrapped in plastic can be sold.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
vivster said:

Yet. I mean what retailer would admit they ordered too much.

We regularly get reports for games that are struggling to move units. Especially on Japanese games. None so far for world. Quite the opposite. 

vivster said:

Supply issues can arise if you ship 4 of that 5M to Uganda.

Sounds legit. 

tbone51 said:

Can we stop with the shitpost? People acting like capcom made a bad decision with the nintendo HHs. There is a good number of reasons why this sold so well compare to mh4/u

The real shit posting was when people tried claiming playstation no longer had a fanbase for monster hyjte and because Nintendo took it all to 3ds. In reality it now looks like capcom missed out on a hell of a lot of sales because they went Nintendo exclusive for a gen. 

Your wrong on both accounts. 1 Drvita post is shitposting. If other people said what your telling me then were obviously wrong and deserve crow on a hot platter 

2 Capcom didnt a ton of money, they made the right choice back in the beginning of 8th gen.  Capcom the again made the right choice with how to handle the home console and western audience with MHW.

Valdath said:
Ships in 2 to 4 weeks on Amazon right now.

Fuck, i should have pre ordered it :/

Digital! Instant shipping! :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

One of my coworkers got it and he seems to like it so I will probably get it in a few weeks. He is new to the series and got it on a whim. He seems to really like it so I am taking his first hand experience for what most new comers can expect.

DonFerrari said:
Poweranimals said:

I hope not but so far it's starting to look that way. I'm looking forward to Yoshi. That's really about it. I'll probably buy Mario Tennis but I can't imagine getting too excited for that. 

That's out?

Well, Nintendo seems to be prepared for this gen so I would expect good games.

Volterra_90 said:

I think the HH games popularized the fandom, they're, actually, part of World's success. Thinking that the previous games were holding the franchise back sales-wise is just delusional imho. I personally buy the game BECAUSE I've played the games in my 3DS and enjoy them. 

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

Nope, I didn't mean that. I mean that the the Nintendo HH versions took a big part in making the franchise popular. I didn't mean to say that's all, and this success is JUST because of that. But it's one of many variables.

I am also interested to see what sold on Xbox One in Japan. I heard it was PS4 only in Japan, but at this rate, imports could be much more attractive if you assume most don't just download it since its sold out.