By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Volterra_90 said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, Nintendo seems to be prepared for this gen so I would expect good games.

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

Nope, I didn't mean that. I mean that the the Nintendo HH versions took a big part in making the franchise popular. I didn't mean to say that's all, and this success is JUST because of that. But it's one of many variables.

So it is also a possible variable on why the numbers weren't higher, as people clamming it held the franchise sales down.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Megiddo said:
Yeah, if anything these sales are just vindication. Not necessarily that only being exclusive to Nintendo's low-power consoles hurt past MonHun in terms of sales, but rather proof that MonHun can be just as strong on the dedicated home consoles. It was a gamble by Capcom and I'm really glad it paid off for them as by all I've seen of it so far, it's a fantastic MonHun game overall.

This, the Monster Hunter series was never the be all end all for Ninty HHs, the games will do well if they are well received and well advertised. No matter the system its on (for the most part)

Volterra_90 said:

Nope, I didn't mean that. I mean that the the Nintendo HH versions took a big part in making the franchise popular. I didn't mean to say that's all, and this success is JUST because of that. But it's one of many variables.

I think it the PSP version which is still the best selling is responsible for the Nintendo version success.  All Nintendo (and Capcom) did was take a game that PlayStation gamers loved and paid to keep it away from them.   Perhaps Sony did the same with the earlier verisons.  However, Nintendo has NOTHING to do with this series being a success as it already was more successful on PlayStation hardware.  This needing to praise Nintendo all the time really squeezes the life out of gaming.   Also, this game will be on Switch eventually too so I'm sure everyone will get to play it and no one has to kiss another company's ass to pretend like they are responsible (although its fine to actually give credit to Capcom since they did make it...)

CosmicSex said:
Volterra_90 said:

I think it the PSP version which is still the best selling is responsible for the Nintendo version success.  All Nintendo (and Capcom) did was take a game that PlayStation gamers loved and paid to keep it away from them.   Perhaps Sony did the same with the earlier verisons.  However, Nintendo has NOTHING to do with this series being a success as it already was more successful on PlayStation hardware.  This needing to praise Nintendo all the time really squeezes the life out of gaming.   Also, this game will be on Switch eventually too so I'm sure everyone will get to play it and no one has to kiss another company's ass to pretend like they are responsible (although its fine to actually give credit to Capcom since they did make it...)

I'm not praising Nintendo, I'm saying that the Nintendo HH version of the game, made by Capcom, which is the developer that should be praised in this case, were pretty popular and was key in the franchise success in the long term. That's it. Also, the PSP version, the first version made for the PS2... etc. etc.

Its my first MH game and it's fantastic. If only the co-op worked on Xbox...

Around the Network

Can't we all get along and just accept that the series is just popular enough to do well on a variety of systems (except Xbox. I kid i kid)

Azuren said:
I think it's safe to assume that Monster Hunter will be a home console thing now.

For the 'main' Monster Hunter, At least for maybe 2 gens, yes. But it doesn't mean Switch / 3DS successor can't have their own Monster Hunter.

I'm interested in seeing the effect it will have on Dark Souls and Horizon sales as it looks somewhat of a mix of the two. Before coming at my throat I've not played it but just my guess from watching some gameplay.

Dragonball FighterZ first for me though and SOTC next but this is one I'll get in a few weeks.

Waiting for the PC release, well deserved.
It looks f*cking badass, was almost gonna get a PS4 to play it but it was a bit much of an investment.
Hoping for X-play from PC when it drops :)

would be awesome to have on the go but i'll take it anyway :)

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

StokedUp said:
newwil7l said:
Damn were so many people wrong lol.

TRANSLATION: Damn were so many Nintendo fans wrong lol.

JRPGfan said:
StokedUp said:

TRANSLATION: Damn were so many Nintendo fans wrong lol.

They where salty it wasnt on the Switch, and wanted to see it fail on non nintendo consoles.
Didnt happend though.

Was this necessary?