By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Monster Hunter World Ships 5mil!

Hiku said:
tbone51 said:

Being happy about ita success is fine and shouldnt be downplayed, but for the people talking as if nintendo held the franchsie back obviously don't understand a thing

It would have been nice if there was a proper console version (on all consoles) alongside the handhelds.

The question is how Capcom will move forward. There's something to be said for future console MH games being a clear step forward from MHW. If the sequel is developed for PS4/XBO and Switch simultaneously, that may be challenging, but it will save them more money on development costs. On the other hand, if they produce exclusive Switch MH games, while more expensive to do, it'll incentivize people to buy both the console MH games, and the Hybrid MH games on the premise that they are completely different games.

I think it would be possible to create an enhanced MH3U-like original game on Wii U to the Switch with some of the physics from World. If BoTW showed anything, these types of physics can potentially work on Switch.

Around the Network

Huge success! Capcom was right to bring a true evolution for the franchise. I wonder what the sales will be when PC version is out too.

Kyuu said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Wait, so mine was the biggest prediction?

Nah that would be Master Roshi's 6.4 million~ Did you make an early prediction? If not, then you don't count :P

It's actually Master Roshi in disguise as Jackie Chun.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Poweranimals said:
DonFerrari said:

Do you think Switch will have a bad year? I have no reason to think it will.

I hope not but so far it's starting to look that way. I'm looking forward to Yoshi. That's really about it. I'll probably buy Mario Tennis but I can't imagine getting too excited for that. 

tbone51 said: 

We have KIRBY!

That's out?

Well, Nintendo seems to be prepared for this gen so I would expect good games.

Volterra_90 said:
tbone51 said:

Can we stop with the shitpost? People acting like capcom made a bad decision with the nintendo HHs. There is a good number of reasons why this sold so well compare to mh4/u

I think the HH games popularized the fandom, they're, actually, part of World's success. Thinking that the previous games were holding the franchise back sales-wise is just delusional imho. I personally buy the game BECAUSE I've played the games in my 3DS and enjoy them. 

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

vivster said:
Kerotan said:

There's a bigger chance they undershipped. Lots of sold out reports in lots of countries. Haven't heard 1 report from a retailer suggesting they are struggling to shift stock. 

Yet. I mean what retailer would admit they ordered too much.

We regularly get reports for games that are struggling to move units. Especially on Japanese games. None so far for world. Quite the opposite. 

vivster said:
JRPGfan said:

Its anecdotal, but on resetera there where people from lost of differnt countires, saying they couldnt find the game in shops saying it sold out.
MH sold out on amazon in the US too for abit.

I dont think they overshipped, I think demand for the game is just really high.

Supply issues can arise if you ship 4 of that 5M to Uganda.

Sounds legit. 

tbone51 said:
Dr.Vita said:
It was the perfect move from Capcom to put this game on the right consoles!!!
LMAO at all the people who thought that Monster Hunter would be dead on consoles that are not Nintendo handhelds... XD

Can we stop with the shitpost? People acting like capcom made a bad decision with the nintendo HHs. There is a good number of reasons why this sold so well compare to mh4/u

The real shit posting was when people tried claiming playstation no longer had a fanbase for monster hyjte and because Nintendo took it all to 3ds. In reality it now looks like capcom missed out on a hell of a lot of sales because they went Nintendo exclusive for a gen. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said: 
Volterra_90 said:

I think the HH games popularized the fandom, they're, actually, part of World's success. Thinking that the previous games were holding the franchise back sales-wise is just delusional imho. I personally buy the game BECAUSE I've played the games in my 3DS and enjoy them. 

So one can't put blame on Nintendo HH for the smaller sales of previous MH, but need to accept that the success of MHW is due to those versions? How is that?

The succes of world is in part cause nintendo HHs. How? I think the installments for the 3ds (3u, 4u and ultimate) were and are important cause they maintained the brand in peoples mind  it isnt like Monster Hunter is a new IP cause of those games. It would be harder to promote MH if it werent for the titles before mentioned. But it isnt all, eventhough they sold nobig numbers they were bigger in sales(in 3U case summing wiiu+ 3ds) than the previous games for the psp and wii. So i think the 3ds cant be disregarded for the MHW success in the west but considered alongside other variables. 

solo se hablar español

Ships in 2 to 4 weeks on Amazon right now.

Fuck, i should have pre ordered it :/

StokedUp said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
that sounds really amazing, even if it's only shipment, it means demand was high and we can expect great fw numbers

You say “only shipment” like that’s not important. Shipments are what has been bought off capcom by the retailers so financially that is the most important stat for capcom and it’s not like the retailers can send any unsold copies back.

didn't say that it's not important for capcom, meant only that number of shipment and fw sales will be different, or i'm not right??

kumangon123 said:
DonFerrari said: 

The succes of world is in part cause nintendo HHs. How? I think the installments for the 3ds (3u, 4u and ultimate) were and are important cause they maintained the brand in peoples mind  it isnt like Monster Hunter is a new IP cause of those games. It would be harder to promote MH if it werent for the titles before mentioned. But it isnt all, eventhough they sold nobig numbers they were bigger in sales(in 3U case summing wiiu+ 3ds) than the previous games for the psp and wii. So i think the 3ds cant be disregarded for the MHW success in the west but considered alongside other variables. 

We have to only consider the possible good variables that make 3DS helping the success of MHW while there is no possibility that it would have been bigger numbers for previous entries if they weren't limited to it??? Makes zero sense.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Valdath said:
Ships in 2 to 4 weeks on Amazon right now.

Fuck, i should have pre ordered it :/

If only there was some way to be able to transfer games over the internet.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.