By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Dragonball FighterZ sales

I was only regarding single SKUs. Otherwise, SFIV has sold over 8.6 million copies with its eighteen editions and would have the honors. I did also dismiss Smash, which might not be right (but whatever). Has there not been any update on MK X's sales after the confirmation of over 5 million copies?

Last edited by Andol12 - on 01 February 2018

Around the Network

Good start. I think is on track for my 6 million prediction. Would love to see even more than that though!

Andol12 said:

For comparison, XV took a month to ship out 1.5 million copies and X2 launched with 1.4 million.

This is outpacing XV2 faster than I thought. Fully expect it to sell more than 4 million by a year's time or even more if it goes to the Switch by then. This is going to be the best selling fighting game since Tekken 5.

Tekken 7 took many months to sell in 2 million. Current numbers are 3 million. I can see Tekken 7 do over 4 million lifetime, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe 5 million but i don't think so.

Anyway, so far Dragon Ball Fighter Z is doing way better, so should be easy able to surpass it. Like others people said, this is the best selling fighting game since Mortal Kombat X.

P.S

Btw Smash 4 is almost 15 million units, since you talked about it.

I mentioned Tekken 5 (not 7), which sold over 6 million copies solely on the PS2. The franchise isn't what it once was in popularity. Also, as far as I'm aware, Brawl is the best selling fighting game ever (single SKU) with 13.25 million copies sold. Your "Smash 4" is Smash 4 and 5. =

Andol12 said:

I was only regarding single SKUs. Otherwise, SFIV has sold over 8.6 million copies with its eighteen editions and would have the honors. I did also dismiss Smash, which might not be right (but whatever). Has there not been any update on MK X's sales after the confirmation of over 5 million copies?

No. I don't see the point in separating SKU's as its the total sales that matter and even this DBFZ sales include 3 platforms.

Around the Network
Hiku said: 

You were actually pretty much spot on for FW

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO

GOWTLOZ said:
Andol12 said:

No. I don't see the point in separating SKU's as its the total sales that matter and even this DBFZ sales include 3 platforms.

I mean single editions. What's not to see? One edition of DBZF selling 6 million copies is more impressive than 5 editions (Super SFIV, Super SFIV Arcade Edition, Super SFIV 3D, Ultra SSFIV) of SFIV selling over 8 million when the main game is only around 3.5.

Andol12 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I mean single editions. What's not to see? One edition of DBZF selling 6 million copies is more impressive than 5 editions (Super SFIV, Super SFIV Arcade Edition, Super SFIV 3D, Ultra SSFIV) of SFIV selling over 8 million when the main game is only around 3.5.

MKX sold 5 million with one edition. I'm not sure DBZF will do better than that but either way that's not fair since all the editions are the same game.

GOWTLOZ said:
Andol12 said:

MKX sold 5 million with one edition. I'm not sure DBZF will do better than that but either way that's not fair since all the editions are the same game.

I'm aware. They're stand alone updates that mostly people who bought the original game are buying again with new characters, character differences, and different modes. SFIV itself is referred to as a series of games by Capcom and are counted separately. The most important thing to note is that a SFIV player can't play against someone playing Super SFIV or Ultra online.

Andol12 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

I'm aware. They're stand alone updates that mostly people who bought the original game are buying again with new characters, character differences, and different modes. SFIV itself is referred to as a series of games by Capcom and are counted separately. The most important thing to note is that a SFIV player can't play against someone playing Super SFIV or Ultra online.

That's not the usual thing. MK and MKX have the same playerbase so does SF 5 and SF 5 AE.