By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Dragonball FighterZ sales

Its already done around 88,000 in a day on steam. That for a fighting game is really good for pc. It will sell well on consoles. I can see it opening 500,000-600,000.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Hiku said:

Even Street Fighter V that messed up pretty badly are near 2,5 million: http://twinfinite.net/2017/12/street-fighter-v-sales-copies/
And that's before the release of the free Arcade Edition upgrade this month, where they repackaged/relaunched the game again.

Yeah but it's still street fighter. I think the highest selling dbz one was budokai with 3 million on ps2. I'm gonna up my own to 3 million on ps4 but I don't think neither xbox, switch or pc version will make it get to 8-10 million

In your first post I thought you meant 2 million lifetime, with PS4 amounting to most of the sales. So that's why I shared SFV's sales. But if you meant 2 million on PS4 alone then that may even be a bold prediction. It's hard to say given it's a new IP.

But I think this game has the potential to do Mortal Kombat numbers, as it tries to cater to both hardcore fighting game fans as well as the casual crowd.

Last edited by Hiku - on 27 January 2018

5m withour Switch version, 6-6.5m with a Switch Version

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Xxain said:
You guys in here are crazy. 2.5 million will be its highest milestone and it might not reach that.

2.0 mill

10 million is more realistic than 2 million LOL.

Xenoverse 1 sold 5 million, and Xenoverse 2, while still selling, was at 3.3 million as for September 2017, with some legs it should get to 4 million.

FighterZ looks like a game with a bigger potential, and to be honest my 6 million prediction may looks conservate.

I would not be surprised if this game end up selling 7-8 million, but i just want be conservate right there.

It also depend on Switch version, which is pretty much guaranteed considering Xenoverse 2 performance. that version could sell anything between 500k to 2 million.

Could be the worst selling version or the second one after PS4 version. But even withouth Switch, i think this game should perform better than both Xenoverse 1/2 on PS4/XB1/PC

5M LT

6.5M LT if we see a Switch port by the end of the year

Around the Network

Damn.. what's up with those expectations?

2.5-3 million is my prediction.

Kyuu said:
Damn.. what's up with those expectations?

2.5-3 million is my prediction.

Why do you expect it to sell less than Xenoverse 2 in the first place tho :-/ ?

Hiku said:
pastro243 said:

Yeah but it's still street fighter. I think the highest selling dbz one was budokai with 3 million on ps2. I'm gonna up my own to 3 million on ps4 but I don't think neither xbox, switch or pc version will make it get to 8-10 million

In your first post I thought you meant 2 million lifetime, with PS4 amounting to most of the sales. So that's why I shared SFV's sales. But if you meant 2 million on PS4 alone then that may even be a bold prediction. It's hard to say given it's a new IP.

But I think this game has the potential to do Mortal Kombat numbers, as it tries to cater to both hardcore fighting game fans as well as the casual crowd.

Yeah, I think it will do very well for a dragon ball game, I see way more casual friends interested in this one than in xenoverse for example (Anecdotal as hell but at least that's what I've seen), I just thought things like 8 or 10 million were too much 

Ryng_Tolu said:
6 million.

The new queen of vore android 21 will attrack a lot of weird guys including myself. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Alright, show's over folks.

5m minimum and the Switch version (if it comes to the Switch) will be the 2nd best selling version.