By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you played COMPLETELY WRONG?

My daughter during any tutorial:

Game:"Enter this vehicle by pressing the X button"
Her: *Immediately attacks any NPC* *leaves tutorial are* *jumps off cliff*

Game: "Press this button to equip armor"
Her: *presses button* *removes pants* *attacks any NPC* *jumps off cliff and dies*

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
My daughter during any tutorial:

Game:"Enter this vehicle by pressing the X button"
Her: *Immediately attacks any NPC* *leaves tutorial are* *jumps off cliff*

Game: "Press this button to equip armor"
Her: *presses button* *removes pants* *attacks any NPC* *jumps off cliff and dies*

Sure, your "daughter"

When I played Ninety Nine Nights for the first time, I didn't know that you are able to equip items to boost your stats. I made my way into the last stage, but damn that game was hard! After a lot of trys I searched the internet for a guide for that last level, because I really struggled to defead the mid-boss. In one of the guides a certain item was recommendet. Wait, what item? ... Cleared the stage and the final boss without any problems :D

Athaba said:
When I played Ninety Nine Nights for the first time, I didn't know that you are able to equip items to boost your stats. I made my way into the last stage, but damn that game was hard! After a lot of trys I searched the internet for a guide for that last level, because I really struggled to defead the mid-boss. In one of the guides a certain item was recommendet. Wait, what item? ... Cleared the stage and the final boss without any problems :D

I am considering getting this "Konami warriors" game on the cheap, what did you think of it? From videos, etc, it's just a DW clone with hilarious character names.

Even if I’ve played the Civilization games for more than 20 years I still mostly play it wrong since I most of the time cba with the winning objectives and just play for total domination/annihilation.

Around the Network

According to some COD players, I p!ay COD wrong when I camp.

I know a guy who leveled Squall and Quistis to 100 when he reached the first beach in FFVIII. He also claimed this to be the one and only way to play this game.

Me, I never developed more worker units in StarCraft when I was a kid.... I was too cheap to spend 50 minerals.

When I was a kid I died like ten times when I fought Gohma for the first time in Ocarina of Time, but at some point my record in OoT3D was beating him in like 8 seconds so I must've done something wrong when I was young, I just don't remember what anymore.

EDIT: On a more serious note, in the Last of US I always just stood in a corner, made some noise and waited for every dumb AI enemy to come charging in to just knock them down one by one. I barely ever actually used stealth to get through anything. Kind of ruined the game though because I got bored and quit.

Last edited by S.Peelman - on 28 January 2018

When I was a kid I purchased the Playstation 1 with Final Fantasy 7 and there was a part where you had a snake in a swamp and you had to get a chocobo to cross the swamp.

I didn't understand you had to get a Chocobo so instead I trained for several months to beat the snake in the swamp. Everything after this was extremely easy because I was way to high level :$

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Xen said:
Athaba said:

I am considering getting this "Konami warriors" game on the cheap, what did you think of it? From videos, etc, it's just a DW clone with hilarious character names.

While the story wasn't ingenious, the gameplay was very good and the characters felt very different. (But you'll play nearly the same levels with all of them, just little varieties. If you can get it cheap, its a nice game, but it's not a polished AA game.